God did it + the sun is shrinking

MrSandman

You can not PROVE Evolution. Something you can't prove is not a fact. It all comes to what you believe, so both should not have anything to do with SCIENCE.

Don't post things about Evolution because it is your belief.

I won't post creation as science. However, if I was to chose one to support science I would chose my belief of creation.

You get what I'm driving at???

What are you talking about, we have an enormous amount of evidence that evolution did occur. We even posted links. You have yet to show evidence supporting your position.

I hate it when people like you try to impose this view as the view of Christianity, because you should know that most people who believe in God also accept evolution for the same reasons that we at this site have.

Again, read the link that I posted earlier.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure you can believe in both, so really it doesn't change your result of salvation.

You have no visual observation of this (changing of species to another) happening the chances are higher for blowing up new york and having it fall back together. However, I can't prove creationism the same you can't prove evolution.

Question: Did you actually read the links, or the numerous books out there on evolution? There are experiments cited in there that clearly show support for evolution.

It seems to me that the only reason you take the "middle ground" here is because you know that you lack support and you can't come up with anything else to defend your position. I'll go as far as saying that you probably know that creationism is wrong and you are too afraid to admit it...

I skimmed it. I've read several bits and pieces of random books. Yeah just like you can make up a theory and have something support it. It isn't a fact untill you Observe it happening. Why don't we now all stick to the facts of science and don't relate them back to Evolution or Creation.

I really like your posts they show that you think for yourself.

Why don't we now all stick to the facts of science

we have been telling you to do that for ages now.

so you are blatantly ignore the thousands of ware houses STACKED with fossil records, DNA samples, Experimental results, etc. etc. etc.

i mean, how can you get to college level biology and not know about this stuff.

The dead sea scrolls (Oldest known manuscript) had all but to differences when compared with the bible.
I remember hearing that (when I was 16) and thinking, "Wow, that proves the Bible is accurate! No other text has remained so unchanged for so long!"

Then a few years later I actually read the translations and realized I'd been lied to. There were hundreds of deviations in meaning, mostly from the King James version I'd grown up with. Not to mention all those nagging extra Gospels. And I really liked the Apocrypha, especially the Gospel of Thomas. But it never made up for the fact I'd been told a lie by my church.

I skimmed it. I've read several bits and pieces of random books. Yeah just like you can make up a theory and have something support it. It isn't a fact untill you Observe it happening. Why don't we now all stick to the facts of science and don't relate them back to Evolution or Creation.

Well, now I know that you don't know anything about science or that you didn't really understand the material in the links, because experiments are all about OBSERVATION! When an experiment confirms something, it usually means that they saw it happen!

I really like your posts they show that you think for yourself.

I love the irony.

------------------------------------------------------------

This here is an example of a dogmatic creationist. He ignores evidence, cited works, etc... And it does not seem that he will ever change his position, instead falling back on logical fallicies and quote mining. And when his back is against the wall, he uses ad hominems.

I see no more value in this thread, and no more reason to continue.

MrSandman, you have consistently ignored our references to evidence and clarification. You have ignored my posts instructing you to stop ignoring my posts.

A few points:

• If your Bible does not differ at all from the Hebrew Bible, you are probably Jewish.
  • A theory generally has significant amounts of evidence supporting it. There are few ideas in science regarded as facts, solely because it is almost impossible to test an idea in every situation applicable. The theory of evolution is limited by the data we have available -- namely, the fossil record.
  • Evolution has been observed. Please see the links I have pointed out to you.
  • In science, you cannot support your position by "thinking for yourself." Sure, it's great to think for yourself when you are developing a new idea, but when you are supporting a theory, it's all about evidence. And I think you'd rather I don't make up evidence as I go.

When you read the links suggested and reread our posts, you may start a new thread on this subject. Please don't try discussing evolution until you have learned more about it. This thread will remain closed until you have done so.

Sorry to slip this in after closure Cap'n but some things....

You were Catholic?
No.
They used the hebrew bible to compare it to. They thought it would disprove. It didn't.
You claimed there were only to [sic] discrepancies. You're wrong and the links Cap'n first provided show that. Read, please.
Catholics add books that were never there.
Oooh, and they believe in evolution too (those dirty dirty Catholics). They do have a few books you probably don't have but, hey, they were there first. Maybe the Protestants removed books that were there originally. Just maybe. You should check it out.
I'm 16 shows you that age makes little difference in discussion.
From your frame of reference maybe. All I see so far is you polluting most every thread you post in. Your science and maths are shaky at best. But it's the habit of youth to ignore experience because they don't recognize it. Everything is an absolute when you're 16.