Surge and or Saturation

foodchain

While reading on life cycles of plants and of course other related organisms in the context of global warming I was wondering a certain something. Do you think that various CO2 sinks will just be overwhelmed leading to a CO2 saturation or more or less is there a probability that not only will saturation continue to occur but that giving life cycles of say plants again a large surge of CO2 could suddenly appear in a relatively short period fo time, say a few years. Now granted plants are foodstuffs in many different ways and birth to death is probably not a perfect number, but life cycles do tend to exist such as with the seasons. So the question in general is could the slowly creeping and growing amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere receive a sudden spike from say plant or other organismal life cycles? For instance agriculture alone in brazil is changing the global landscape I would say. Massive amounts of the rainforest are typically destroyed for a short term gain on soil that really holds not long term ability to support agricultural needs, which to me would suggest a possible dustbowl and a hole or gap really in what used to be something of a variable in global climate stability. I would think such a change could possibly resonate far out through life. Lastly, and if somewhat of a dismal reality, does life support the ozone layer, and would massive reduction of plant life reduce ozone protection? it’s a bonus question that I don’t think needs its own thread.

*I don’t know if it would have been proper but in the title could I have used xor possibly rather then and or?

Higher CO2 levels will favor greater plant growth. This technique is already used in greenhouses to increase the production of plants. If I am not mistaken, the original experiment, that determined that plants make oxygen, placed plants in pure CO2. To make our oxygen atmosphere, it took at lot of CO2, if the current theory that plants made the earth's oxygen is correct. The O2 levels today are sort of steady state implying much less CO2 around. Higher CO2 may explain why the earth was so lush and supersized during the age of the dinosaurs. It is possible modern plants may have needed to evolve to deal with current skimpy CO2 levels. If we increase the CO2 then this high CO2 efficiency can kick into overdrive to make bigger and stronger plants until they eventually eat of the CO2 seed potato, and then go back to idle speed once again.