Problem with Research title

I am trying to conceive a title for my research. So far I have come up with this: Light Intensity During Foraging Times and Its Relation to Population Density of Bats in name of sampling site/ place. Please tell me what you think about it.

It's a bit long, especially if your trying to put it on a poster.

If you want a better title, you should probably give a better clue of what's your research about. What are the variables? Are you analyzing the population times as a function of the light intensity at various foraging times? Or are you measuring the light intensity at known foraging times, in a given population density?

Without knowing the detail, here are some suggestions (don't feel obligated about these)

"The Effect of Light Intensity on Foraging times and Population density of Genus species in Place."

"The Role of Light Intensity on the Foraging times and Population density of Genus species in place"

"Light Intensity's effect on the Foraging times, in relation to Population densities in Genus species of Place."

my teacher told me I should change the term "population density". i think i better know more about the variables i might deal with. just a question, how do you describe foraging times? because i thought foraging times are known, bout 5-6 am and 6-7 pm.

my teacher told me I should change the term "population density". i think i better know more about the variables i might deal with. just a question, how do you describe foraging times? because i thought foraging times are known, bout 5-6 am and 6-7 pm.

It depends on the species and where it lives. Do some background research so you can tell us.

I don't see anything wrong with that title...I've seen longer.

you're right. It's not really the length of the title. I think that the main problem is, is that I still have no idea what carol's project is.

Generally, the title of the project should be the last of your worries when designing an experiment. I don't think carol has completely decided on a topic.

@ carol - you need to do a lot more background research.

you can start here: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=bats+behavior&btnG=Search

ok thanks:) i have another one, and i think i know what to do with this one:

The Effect of Light Intensity on Roosting Preferences of Rhinolophus bats in _______.

I'll be measuring the light intensity in foot candles in sites where Rhinolophus bats were spotted. To confirm the bats in the site, mist netting could be done. I might also take light intensities from sites where non-Rhinolophus bats were spotted. I think the number of bats caught would determine whether Rhinolophus bats prefer roosting areas with certain light intensity or not.

please tell if something is not right with this or if you have something to add.