temperatures and the ozone

I have a little question.

I have to do a project but to do it I need your help. All I need to know is where in the ozone there are holes and where is the coldest place in the world is, including space and the air between the atmosphere and the ground.

Thanks

P.S. Don't ask what I am doing, It is top secret until I'm ready. Only my father knows about it!!

There are maps of the ozone hole I believe, google is your friend there.

What do you mean by "in the world" and then "including space" by most definitions of world space is outside of it...

There are maps of the ozone hole I believe, google is your friend there.

What do you mean by "in the world" and then "including space" by most definitions of world space is outside of it...

I mean the coldest place in the galaxy including earth! Does that help you?

I would assume the highest layer of the atmosphere but I could be wrong.

Please go on and tell me. It could give me a clue about where to look. I don't care if you're wrong. I will find the answer soon enough

Ozone, is found in the lowest atmosphere (Troposphere) however 90 percent is found in the Troposphere or second of four layers. The so called holes seem to be over the poles, but Ozone is produced from extreme heat, such as lightning, influencing oxygen. Ozone is not a layer but is scattered.

The temperatures of this second layer are generally below zero (5-60F) in all the second layer, with the coldest layer being the third or Mesosphere which approach minus 200 degree F, the coldest place on earth, if atmosphere is included. Ironically the fourth layer or Ionosphere temperatures can reach 7-800 degree above zero.

I mean the coldest place in the galaxy including earth! Does that help you?

Naturally, that would be intergalactic space, which is somewhere around 4K IIRC,, but tbh temperature isn't a very good measure of this area as there is so few atoms, and it is a statistical measure of energy, although humans have made things that are just a few mK...

Isn't this 4K figure from background radiation? Eg 4k is the average temperature of the universe ergo space is 4k.

Of course I'm sure this is a valid assumption. Just curious if I'm correct here.

Space I think would be fairly hot if you're in direct sunlight. Out towards Pluto though (where the sun isn't much bigger than any other star) it would be extremely cold. But space itself is cold even close to the sun because, as you pointed out, there are few atoms. It would only be you that would be hot because you'd be the one absorbing all the heat while the space around you would be about 4k.