Biochemical Ressurection

With the technology and knowledge we have today about the human body and how it works could it be possible for us to bring someone to life after being dead for a couple of hours.

This is already being studied in relation to the application of CPR. IN that a huge cause of cells sometimes just automatically signaling to for death can come about in the process of reviving or CPR. I don’t have the link anymore, but such information is out on the web, I think such was actually put forward on this site at one point also. Some drugs produced for medicine have varied side effects also, such as some people will see some colors as a different color, so who knows I guess is what I am getting at.

• 1 year later...

In the case of chest compressions, you have perfusion in the CNS, heart, and some organs. Its low oxygenated blood but its still giving your brain something...2 hours without ventilation is just too long though. There have been cases where a person that had a severe heart attack to the point where there is just no muscle left to save, will open there eyes and be capable of small movement while there chest is being pounded (this happens more these days with the very efficient mechanical cpr called Autopulse). Its gotta be absoultly hearbreakig to see, and eventually they have to be let go.

In the case of death, dead dead with the sheet over there head. NO, brain cells die within 4-8 minutes of being deprived of oxygen. Hypothetically with nanites in the future, who knows what would be recoverable.

People have been known to pull out from probably longer in the case of hypothermia or cold-water submersion. This is a special physiological circumstance.