Jon's Message

This is a "secret message" posted in the Panic! At The Disco journal on their website. I was wondering if anyone here can make sense out of it; if it's a real message or just something that Jon Walker wrote to be funny or something. I'm also interested in how one would solve something like this. I don't have a clue as to how to solve it. (The bolded part is the title and date it was posted, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the "message" or not.)

The original is here: http://www.panicatthedisco.com/palebird/index.html

05.17.2007 - The moon is our pocket watch.

Behold, the forest is blooming. The new summer is approaching us. The water is warm, the air is crisp and the apples are fresh (and crisp as well). Three of me best mates and I are currently working on our new album in the far west regions of New America. I have the whiskey, one has new shoes, one has the moustache and one has the blues. I might have lost my mind but I have found my soul. You might have heard our songs but you haven’t heard our goals, world domination, beginning with the north and moving down along the map. Wait steadily, as you would on Christmas morning. Presents will come and breakfast is the best. If you understand this message then you figured out my phone number. Call me, we will make a plan.

- Jonathan Jacob Walker - 09.17.1985

I can pick quite a few numbers out of it, it all depends on what Depth you look into.

the msg even HAS 4 numbers written in it for instance, a whiskey with a number would be Jack Daniels, Christmas is the 25`th the rest after that is probably about an answering machine or time to get to the phone. phone pads are also Alpha-Numeric, and "CRISP" is mentioned twice.

see what I mean, it`s about How Deep or Shallow you look into it, although it`s probably Not that deep.

I can pick quite a few numbers out of it, it all depends on what Depth you look into.

the msg even HAS 4 numbers written in it for instance, a whiskey with a number would be Jack Daniels, Christmas is the 25`th the rest after that is probably about an answering machine or time to get to the phone. phone pads are also Alpha-Numeric, and "CRISP" is mentioned twice.

see what I mean, it`s about How Deep or Shallow you look into it, although it`s probably Not that deep.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread!

I noticed these also, but I'm not sure how to string them all together or (like you said) how deep the message would be. He mentions a few more numbers in it but I’m not sure if they are relevant.

I don't want to ask them directly because I enjoy solving these sorts of things; I just need help : )

What if it's a sort of ARG? Y'know, an alternate reality game? Where it's a search through all of these different places, on and off of the net? And some of the clues would be "the new summer" and "in the far west reaches of New America"? Like on the first day of summer, we need to go to a building of the organization "New America" (there is a such organization) to find out the number? It would be too late now, but it's possible! Or perhaps I'm thinking too deeply...

I'm not sure. You could be right! Jon Walker didn't leave any clues which makes this even harder.... I would assume that he's not being that deep, but there isn't a real way to know! Unless we ask him of course, but I doubt that he would tell us. : (

Thanks for the ideas though! I hadn't thought of it that way!

• 2 weeks later...
consider the possibility that it might mean absolutely Nothing at all as well.

I did consider it. When i said in the first post that maybe it's just something that he wrote as a joke.

Anyway, in response to the latest post, i think that the moon and pocketwatch thing has something to do with it. Maybe it's referring to times when people didn't have real pocketwatches or when pocketwatches weren't common. When people used the sun and the moon to tell time? I don't know how that would help to solve it... but who knows.

(btw, sorry i have not been on here for a few days, my internet connection has been down for a while! We finally got it back up today.)

This is a "secret message" posted in the Panic! At The Disco journal on their website. I was wondering if anyone here can make sense out of it; if it's a real message or just something that Jon Walker wrote to be funny or something. I'm also interested in how one would solve something like this. I don't have a clue as to how to solve it. (The bolded part is the title and date it was posted, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the "message" or not.)

The original is here: http://www.panicatthedisco.com/palebird/index.html

Behold, the forest is blooming. The new summer is approaching us. The water is warm, the air is crisp and the apples are fresh (and crisp as well). Three of me best mates and I are currently working on our new album in the far west regions of New America. I have the whiskey, one has new shoes, one has the moustache and one has the blues. I might have lost my mind but I have found my soul. You might have heard our songs but you haven’t heard our goals, world domination, beginning with the north and moving down along the map. Wait steadily, as you would on Christmas morning. Presents will come and breakfast is the best. If you understand this message then you figured out my phone number. Call me, we will make a plan.

One interesting thing to note is that it mentions seasons and times of year a lot in the note. Starting with the notions of spring/early summer in the first lines, and then winter and christmas in the last few sentences. Perhaps there is also some significance to the notion of "beginning with the north and moving down along the map". Perhaps a reference to a line of longitude, or maybe a metaphor for the way the winter cold moves from the north to the south as the season transistions from summer to winter.

This could be a way to tie the title into the rest of the note... the moon is at different places at different times of the year. But I'm probably just fishing for red herring here.

One interesting thing to note is that it mentions seasons and times of year a lot in the note. Starting with the notions of spring/early summer in the first lines, and then winter and christmas in the last few sentences. Perhaps there is also some significance to the notion of "beginning with the north and moving down along the map". Perhaps a reference to a line of longitude, or maybe a metaphor for the way the winter cold moves from the north to the south as the season transistions from summer to winter.

This could be a way to tie the title into the rest of the note... the moon is at different places at different times of the year. But I'm probably just fishing for red herring here.

Could be, he does mention seasons a lot. Almost like he was trying to be poetic. So far, it seems like he mentions seasons and numbers a lot, a connection? Probably not, but maybe. It is interesting that he uses rhyme also; I doubt that he did that on accident.

I counted 2 times that rhyme is used, tell me if you see more.

Sorry I'm talking a lot! I noticed also he uses lots of words that have double letters, that is most likely not significant, but it could be.. maybe..

Another thing I noticed is that in this part "The water is warm, the air is crisp and the apples are fresh (and crisp as well)." There are parentheses which, when writing a phone number, are usually around the area code.

• 2 months later...