A few questions

Steven Craig

I'm guessing this is homework?

Whenever you hear "blah blah number of atoms blah blah certain volume blah blah at STP", you can generally be sure that the question is going to get you to use molarity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_(unit)

The section titled "Example Calculation" should be very helpful.

Also this bit will have some bearing on your answer: "For example, one mole of water is equivalent to 18.02 grams of water and contains one mole of H2O molecules, but three moles of atoms (two moles H and one mole O)."

I'm not in your league, But there is something I have been pondering for several years about Global Warming that may have been overlooked by modern theories.

This is all from basic horticulture 101:

Through Photosynthesis plants produce carbohydrates that they then convert into sugars for food.

They get their carbon from CO2 in the air and they get hydrogen by separating it from the water they draw up from the ground.

The process, or plants use burn or consume very little oxygen so they just expand it into the atmosphere, as oxygen gas.

Certainly you guys can explain this process in far greater scientific detail but I am trying to keep this as simple as possible.

My question is to you science pros is just do you basically confirm this in principle?

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthesis if you want to brush up.