How Slow

foodchain

can you go?

Temperature or thermodynamics and velocity seem to be connected at some point in my opinion. What I mean by this is it takes a great deal of work naturally to get something close to absolute zero, just like it takes a great deal of work to get something to a certain temperature. Does this have anything to do with the Gibbs free energy equation by chance? Some natural equilibrium of sorts really that requires work to go in either direction, such as hot to cold, or slow to fast? I mean if there is an absolute zero, and a the speed of light, if there an inverse of either of those, a absolute slowness something can travel?

How slow can something go? What does relativity have to say on this? I mean if you are going the speed of light, the speed of a photon supposedly will still appear to you as going the speed of light, so if you were going an absolute degree of slow, would that mean that you can get basically the inverse of the speed of light slower?

Slowness is going to be some balance of absolute zero as a limit, and the uncertainty principle — something with v = 0 would have to have an undefined position, so any kind of confinement would limit that.

Atoms have been cooled to nanoKelvin-scale temperatures. That's mm/sec kind of speeds for atoms. More massive objects can have a smaller center-of-mass speed, but there will always be vibrational and rotational states present in polyatomic systems.

Slowness is going to be some balance of absolute zero as a limit, and the uncertainty principle — something with v = 0 would have to have an undefined position, so any kind of confinement would limit that.

Atoms have been cooled to nanoKelvin-scale temperatures. That's mm/sec kind of speeds for atoms. More massive objects can have a smaller center-of-mass speed, but there will always be vibrational and rotational states present in polyatomic systems.

So if I get this right, some degree of "energy will always be present in a polyatomic system? If so, then what "speed" or "velocity" does that require to exist, or occur naturally as? I mean if you were to go so slow as to go slower then energy could exist then could you go that slow?

I get this from that idea that if you were going the speed of light in a car and turned on your headlights the light would travel away from you at the speed of light, which to me basically means that one, no top speed for the universe exists, or its just a mechanic or observation in which point I am completely lost. I would think though that at a certain speed allows for a certain physical phenomena or medium to exist, such as you don’t see or record atoms traveling at the speed of light naturally, and I don’t know if such is possible really. Then such leads me to think, what is the slowest something can go then? But my question derives from my question on the relation of energy in the form of heat or electricity and velocity or such for example. Basically I would think that nature has a top speed or a bottom speed in which physical reality can exist in really, which is relational of course to energy and matter in systems, but from what I understand of relativity, this just does not seem to exist really.