Varying Speed of light?

Do you think the speed of light changes?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think the speed of light changes?

• NO!
    • Yes
    • I'll wait for that experiment of his.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto!

esp when you consider that even light takes time to get from A to B, so this "no time at all" comment hardly seems logical? ;)

edit: this post applies to posts# 48, 49 and 50.

didn`t see it was a 2 pager (having a bad day, just ignore me, I`m harmless mostly) :)

Personaly I am going to go with no on the first question... I had a reason but it left during the course of my reading of your tangent...

As for time=C ... I don't think so. Personaly I think time is not really a dimension in the same sense as space is a dimension, I think time is simply an ilusion impregnated upon the human mind. I havent really had a chance to ratinalize all the possibilities of that yet seeing as I just thought of it a couple of days ago while reading these forums.

On the original question...

Of course the speed of light changes, every time it passes through a material it slows down depending on the properties of the material. It's even been completely stopped in recent experiments.

Now the speed of light through a vacuum © may also indeed change slightly over billions of years.