Why do you doubt global warming?

bascule

Why do you doubt global warming?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Why do you doubt global warming?

• I don't! I'm a scientific thinker well aware of present evidence
    • The IPCC is making it up to get more grant money
    • The IPCC is serving the political motivations of the liberal-biased UN
    • The IPCC is serving the political motiviations of the environmentalist/green movements
    • I just hate science
    • I read a peer reviewed paper from a major journal which contradicts the majority opinion
    • Other reason for doubting (please state)

This global warming thing is a strange concept, i don't doubt the Earth is getting warmer, i don't doubt it's primarily driven by human activity.

I do doubt the Earth is supposed to be colder or has a set point that is supposed to benefit us or even complex life in general or life at all. I do believe life has an effect in the feed back mechanism that controls the earths set point but to say the Earth has to be a certain temp is the height of hubris and ignores a half a billion years of temps that were much warmer and much colder than now.

Yes we are driving the temps right now but that could change, if we actually reversed the CO2 content and went back to pre human level we might be under a mile of ice for all we know. The earth is not set for us, it is simply what it is.

We should do our best to be as small as possible as a driver of climate, mostly because we do not really know how to control such a complex thing. It's like flying an airplane and not having a clue as to how to do it. at best you make as few and as small changes as absolutely necessary.