Theory of Infinity

BioHazard21

First, I would just like to state that this theory is based on the assumption that space is an infinite plain, and we are not alone in it. I know that is a seperate discussion in itself, but for the purposes of this theory, it is true:-) . This theory can be hard to explain some times, so bear with me.

The general thesis of this theory: Anything is possible through the probabilty of infinity; absolute impossibilties do not exist. Everything you can possibly think of exists within our own universe.

Take, for example, a meteorite hitting you in the head and killing you exactly 5.5 seconds from now...(5.5 seconds later) nothing happened right? The chances of that event occuring are impossible. However, I maintain that the absolute chance of that not happening does not exist, and that instead, the event is a virtual impossibilty. It could happen, but it won't. This can be represented through the equations:

P(I) = 99.9(repeating)%

('P' being 'probabilty of' and 'I' being 'impossibilty not occuring') or 1/infinity

And:

P(Io) = 0.0(repeating)1%

('P' being 'probabilty of' and 'Io' being 'impossibilty occuring')

(Now, I know that theoretically 99.9 repeating equals 100. Consider this an alternate theory as to what 99.9 repeating equals)

So therefore:

P(I) + P(Io) = 100%

So according to these equations (referring back to the previous example of being hit in the head by a meteorite), you will be alive in 5.5 seconds, however, you might not be. This in itself is a paradox, and any insight on this matter would be much appreciated.

So, going on. If the information stated is assumed true, then this means nothing is impossible within our universe. Example; space, being am infinite plain, must house an identical (in every aspect) planets to Earth. The chances of an identical planet being created are impossible, which is 1/infinity. If space represents infinity, then at least one planet within it must be identical.

Any constructive criticism on this topic is definitely welcome.

if the universe is infinite, the theory might be true. with out an end to possibilities so to speak, would infer two of an item would have to be since the differences must have a limit. however the universe is in constant change, whether limited or not in size. the star, or foundation for matter as we know its lives X number of years, then dies, the leftovers in time form new matter. this limits the chances greatly, since this would drastically limit the thought possibilities.

if you like, the then probability that another planet at some point in time and someplace in the universe could have been identical in every way, you may be correct, but its extremely unlikely that any two things at any given point are now identical....

No.

Let's say you had a universe of infinite size, and every planet was populated with intelligent beings, and every single society (remember there are an infinite amount) had abandoned warfare and democracy and the arts and did nothing but survive and dedicate their existences, to making a square circle. It still wouldn't be possible.

Whilst there would be a planet somewhere where semi intelligent mattresses grow and have no problem with being slaughtered and freeze dried and slept on, things that are actually impossible would still be impossible.

You know something I've noticed, there are some people, like this one, who would come in the pseudo-science section to post some crackpot thread, and then leave and never come back. Why is that? Why do they waste their time on something like this? This is a discussion forum after all.

One notable example is this guy known as "-I-": http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25831