Go?

VendingMenace

I play Go, although haven't actually played a game in over a year (alas, being apart from the GoSoc has hampered my game).

It's a game in the same general area as chess; a tactical board game based on a grid. However, Go is about area control, and the like. Google for it.

I rem a game on the 1`st PC`s that came out called Dominator, with the grid and black/white (well it was Green and black really) peices, so if you had a green and a row of blacks, and you put a green there they at the oter end, all become green (you Owned them, so to speak).

is that the same game?

I rem a game on the 1`st PC`s that came out called Dominator, with the grid and black/white (well it was Green and black really) peices, so if you had a green and a row of blacks, and you put a green there they at the oter end, all become green (you Owned them, so to speak).

is that the same game?

Sounds like Othello (aka Reversi) to me.

Not quite. For those that are interested, check out this link. It is a 9 step tutorial about go and how to play it. If you are interested, it is quite easy to learn -- it takes maybe 10-30 min to have a good grasp of the rules.

http://www.samarkand.net/Academy/learn_go/overview.html

Anyways, it is a really fun game that will challenge you for the reast of your life.

MrL. Cool. I am not very good, personally. Prolly around 22-20 kyu or so. What were you playing when you played alot? Perhaps someday we can play together? That would be cool

ah, sorry. yeah, i think that is othello too...a good game in its own right. :D

yeah, but no worries, yt, people frequently mistake go for othello, when they see it played (prolly cause most people have seen othelo and not seen go)

yeah, it is a sweet game though and i would encourage people to check it out. :D

I`m a chess and cards player only as a general rule oh yeah and I like Darts as a sport, other than that I don`t bother with games tbh. but sure, when I get 5, I may have an online game or 2 with ya :)

Connect 4 is cool to too, I play that with some of my mates kids, I even get my ass whooped sometimes :)

VendingMenace said in post # :

MrL. Cool. I am not very good, personally. Prolly around 22-20 kyu or so. What were you playing when you played alot? Perhaps someday we can play together? That would be cool

I wouldn't be very good atm, because I haven't played for about 9 months. Was 14 at the time though.