rotation of moon

But in the case of moon the point is not disapearing(always you see the same face of moon -except libberations),which means there is no motor fixed at the end of the stick.

Remember the earth is revolving at the same rate, so you would still see the same point...my analogy was just trying to make a distinction, and then introduce what was actually the case. Obviously the earth is not in a fixed position, where (going back to the ball and stick description) your body would be. The reason it gets confusing is due to trying to visualize it from the frame of reference of the earth or moon, you need a further frame of reference.

Sorry, I should of veered away from the ball and stick analogy, because it confused matters.

Remember the earth is spinning at the same rate, so you would still see the same point...my analogy was just trying to make a distinction, and then introduce what was actually the case. Obviously the earth is not in a fixed position, where (going back to the ball and stick description) your body would be. The reason it gets confusing is due to trying to visualize it from the frame of reference of the earth or moon, you need a further frame of reference.

Sorry, I should of veered away from the ball and stick analogy, because it confused matters.

No confusion, earth is spinning at a different rate.that is why moon appears travelling across the sky.Please admit something Am i correct or not?

No confusion, earth is spinning at a different rate.that is why moon is travelling across the sky.Please admit something Am i correct or not?

I meant revolving..., sorry I keep on getting interrupted.

Yes, the earth and moon rotate at different speeds, so you're correct.

Revolving but not rotating: I walk in a circle around you, but I'm always facing north. Watching me, you therefore see every part of me as I face towards you when I'm south of you, and away when I'm north of you.

If, to the contrary, I stayed facing you as I was walking around, I would be facing south when I was north of you, and north when I was south, etc. Clearly, then, I would be rotating AND revolving, just like the Moon around the Earth.

dammit, how come its always other people who think up the really short, non rambling way of putting it. is there like a class on it somewhere that i could take? :P

Sorry, the registration window for it just closed. ;)

Revolving but not rotating: I walk in a circle around you, but I'm always facing north. Watching me, you therefore see every part of me as I face towards you when I'm south of you, and away when I'm north of you.

If, to the contrary, I stayed facing you as I was walking around, I would be facing south when I was north of you, and north when I was south, etc. Clearly, then, I would be rotating AND revolving, just like the Moon around the Earth.

Case 1

you are walking in a circle around me. You are always facing north.when you are at south you turn your head in right angle towards left to face north.walk on facing to north. when you are at north,your head will be turned 180 degree,ie, with respect to your body your head will be turned to right. Consider you body as axis and head as moon.

So in this case moon is rotating and all side of the moon are visible from earth.

Case 2

Again you are walking in a circle around me.At south you turn your head towards left to face me.you keep on walking around the circle without rotating your head.you will find you will be always facing me.

Sorry ,if you people are fed up with my argument.even i am getting upset on myself.

Get off the earth reference frame and use some distant star for reference and you will understand that the moon is rotating on it's axis once a month.

Imagine yourself an the moon and observing a star near the eastern horizon.

What will happen after a few days ? You will obseerve the star rising in the sky and after 14 day you will see it setting at the western horizon.

Case 1

you are walking in a circle around me. You are always facing north.when you are at south you turn your head in right angle towards left to face north.walk on facing to north. when you are at north,your head will be turned 180 degree,ie, with respect to your body your head will be turned to right. Consider you body as axis and head as moon.

So in this case moon is rotating and all side of the moon are visible from earth.

Case 2

Again you are walking in a circle around me.At south you turn your head towards left to face me.you keep on walking around the circle without rotating your head.you will find you will be always facing me.

Sorry ,if you people are fed up with my argument.even i am getting upset on myself.

You've just replaced my body with my head. Look at which map directions my head is facing in each example. If those directions change, my head is rotating.