Evolution: Fact or Fiction

Mutations are far from being able to produce new, vigorous genes which would enable a race of organisms to evolve. They are extremely rare and detrimental events which do not alter the genetic structure of the race as a whole - except in some cases to weaken it. This even applies to so-called favourable mutations such as the sickle cell anaemia trait and the drug-resistance of bacteria.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

danmoore80 said in post #51 :

Mutations are far from being able to produce new, vigorous genes which would enable a race of organisms to evolve. They are extremely rare and detrimental events which do not alter the genetic structure of the race as a whole - except in some cases to weaken it. This even applies to so-called favourable mutations such as the sickle cell anaemia trait and the drug-resistance of bacteria.

What about anti-biotic resistant diseases? READ OUR POSTS!

Please, lock this thread, obviously danmoore80 is not reading what we say and I'm sick of :rant: ing at him for it. Lock it for our sanity.

[rant]

You haven't seen the remains because you're not an archeologist. Have you watched a special on giraffe evolution? Probably not. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Tell me, did you read all of what we said?

Again, I say, lock this thread! It's a worthless thread because all we do now is argue without considering all the evidence. danmoore80 should have easily been convinced long ago, but it's apparent he's not reading it.

[\rant] :rant:

danmoore80 said in post #55 :

Who is we? And what you say makes little difference. What does Science, and not "evolution" say?

"we" is all the people arguing. What we say makes little difference? Now I am REALLY mad! What we say is genuine arguments and you do not read it! And evolution IS science! Science has proved evolution.

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post #57 :

And evolution IS science! Science has proved evolution.

Once again I hate to brake the news, but I have yet to meet a Scientist that has concluded what you just have. They state that they have support for their claim, but not that Science has proved without a doubt the existence of evolution. You may well be the next Nobel Peace Prize Winner!!!!! Congradulations :)

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post #59 :

Yes, but what you have seen is not everything! If it is taught in elementary school, I believe most scientists concur.

I can agree to some extent. What I am trying to convey, is that Evolution is being taught in elementary schools as a proven fact, something that is concrete. And it is not. Were you ever taught about creationism? More than likely you were not. Most are taught from the time they can remember that for instance, "Dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years ago". Not that some believe dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years ago. One thing that is kinda interesting is that for arguments sake, let's say that I am a complete moron :) which some have already concluded. I believe then in a religion that is taking me nowhere and when I die I am just going to be recycled into the earth. No big deal, that's where we all will be. But on the other hand, what if I'm right. This leads to an alternate ending that without salvation is going to be quite unpleasant.

I hate to leave it like this, but I have to get up pretty early in the morning for work, and I sure most are tired of me posting anyway. Goodnight, and God Bless.

danmoore80 said in post #30 :

It has never been observed in any laboratory that mutations can cause one species to turn into another. Despite this, you believe that given enough time, some animals will eventually evolve into other creatures. Is this correct?

when has it ever ben observed that god could create anything?

there is little or no evidence for creationism, we haven't been brainwashed into evolution. my personal feeling is that i am resisting the brainwashing of religion.

you have been talking about evolution being wrong and creationism being right. please, state evidence for creationism.

danmoore80 said in post #60 :

I can agree to some extent. What I am trying to convey, is that Evolution is being taught in elementary schools as a proven fact, something that is concrete.

that is because it is.

And it is not.

yes it is. things evolve. fact.

Were you ever taught about creationism? More than likely you were not.

so? thank goodness.

Most are taught from the time they can remember that for instance, "Dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years ago". Not that some believe dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years ago.

that is because all the evidence says they did.

One thing that is kinda interesting is that for arguments sake, let's say that I am a complete moron :) which some have already concluded. I believe then in a religion that is taking me nowhere and when I die I am just going to be recycled into the earth. No big deal, that's where we all will be. But on the other hand, what if I'm right. This leads to an alternate ending that without salvation is going to be quite unpleasant.

you do know that pascal's wager is horrifically flawed logic, right?