Dissect this Idea!

JTM³

Found this while browsing the net...

It's another anti-gravity idea :D

But hey, we've gotta keep thinking right? :P

But anyway I'd just thought you guys might like to dissect it (er, tear it to shreds, whichever suits your tastes :P ).

BTW, did anyone see that Popular Science article on Nasa building their superconductor thing?

I haven't seen an article on how it turned out...which I assume means failure but I'd still like to know what EXACTLY happened, if anything.

Thanks

~JT

EDIT: Er, here is the guy's idea; this is NOT my work:

Ok' date=' I will propose this idea as an Anti-gravity Device, because most of you would think of it to be one. In fact, this is a Gravity Generating Device. Ok, if you take two ring-shaped magnets, one is smaller than the other in diameter, and you spin the small one inside the larger one, you can create an artificial gravity field around them. In order for this to work, you must spin them appropriately. I mean that you should lay them both down on a table and place the small one inside the larger one. Now you have to spin the outer larger one clockwise and spin the smaller inner one, counter-clockwise, or vise-versa. This will create an opposing force at the north pole of the magnet, when it comes across and past the north pole of the other magnet. It will also create an attraction force when North passes South. My theory says that the constant opposition and attraction will cause a flux to occur, and THAT will cause a positive force, called Gravity :)

Like forces repel, so if you created Gravity, it SHOULD repel from other forces of gravity too, like the Earth's gravity...so it just might float.[/quote']

My question is, what do magnetism and gravity have to with each other, if anything?

... huh?

does this guy know what a "flux" is?

"constant attraction and repulsion" will simply make intense dynamic forces that need equally huge bearings to hold it together.

saying that "like forces repel" is utter nonsense. it's either charges or poles.

then of course jumping to the conclusion that the nonexistant force he expects is gravity...

well, he might be onto something if he's building an electric generator, but i'm still a fan of experimentally proven science.

i think there's some thories that gravity and electricity are linked but it would be a weak link and no one has found it yet.

... huh?

does this guy know what a "flux" is?

"constant attraction and repulsion" will simply make intense dynamic forces that need equally huge bearings to hold it together.

saying that "like forces repel" is utter nonsense. it's either charges or poles.

then of course jumping to the conclusion that the nonexistant force he expects is gravity...

well, he might be onto something if he's building an electric generator, but i'm still a fan of experimentally proven science.

i think there's some thories that gravity and electricity are linked but it would be a weak link and no one has found it yet.

Yeah that was my first thought...what the heck does gravity have to do with electromagnetism? :cool:

I think we can consider this idea DISSECTED :D

Thank you :P

(But gravity IS a force right? :confused:)

gravity is a force. and it's expected to have a force carrying particle associated but no one has ever detected such a thing.

string theory suggests that they can hop dimensions so there would be very few gravitons in our measurable space. while others describe it as an apparant acceleration between masses due to some funky space architecture.