What Climate Change!?! - I Don't Care So Long As I Don't Get Taxed!

juzzylare

Hi bloggers!

I am researching for my honours dissertation the financial impact of climate change in sustainable buildings [i.e. build costs in cheap(er) housing due to global warming].

Do you think that global warming is a bad thing? I expect taxes to increase in the constrution industry as they are seen as major contributors to the problem by producing large amounts of waste, CO2 emissions, management inefficiency.

Is this a bad thing...?

ps- I am a 'Green' enthusiast :)

if global warming is anthropogenic sources, then economically, controlling greenhouse gases can be economically beneficial (depending how we go about it, see- Kyoto protocol for an economically questionable way to tackle the problem).

If global warming is not caused by anthropogenic aerosols, it's possible that curbing greenhouse gas emissions can still be beneficial, economically. Again, depending how we approach the problem.

In the long run it can be economical but in the short term it's more economical to forget about the environment completely. Many corporations have spent billions on campaigns to influence people's beliefs about thins such as global warming, and with a little bit of success too. Republicans in the US particularly owe a lot to these interest groups and commonly act in their favor.

Global warming is happening and whether we are causing it or not we need to adapt. I attended a recent Greenbuild convention and I can tell you that the construction industry in the US is moving rapidly towards more efficiency in energy management and materials. Costs are only going to go up and no one wants to get paid less so better ways of using materials and manpower are being found and implemented.