nutritional value of ramen

CPL.Luke

You can't live off Ramen for too long, it's missing many essentual vitimans and nutrients. Actually it is not unheard of for students to try and eventually develope scurvey.

No reason to live off Ramen. Living cheep and healthy isn't too hard. Try potatoes, tuna, dried beans and cheep frozen veggies ($20 of that will probably last you a few weeks). Though Ramen is definatley the laziest way to do it.

Plus I doubt all the MSG is very good for you. (not all brands contain it but likely the majority do)

I thought ramen was a single brand "ramen"

I don't think ramen has any msg as I'm alergic to it and so would be doubled over on the floor with a migraine if the noodles had it.

damn, and I thought my lock-jaw was bad.

I thought ramen was a single brand "ramen"

I don't think ramen has any msg as I'm alergic to it and so would be doubled over on the floor with a migraine if the noodles had it.

No it's not just a single brand. It's a type of noodle (ramen noodles) which is used in a type of soup (ramen noodle soup).

Maybe the brand you eat is MSG free.

Here is a brand that does contain MSG.

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/nissin-cup-noodles-beef-flavor-ramen-noodle-soup-45190.htm

"INGREDIENTS:

Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), vegetable oil (contains one or more of the following: canola oil, cottonseed oil, palm oil, rice oil), dehydrated vegetables (corn, carrot, green pea), salt, textured soy protein, hydrolyzed soy, corn and wheat protein, onion powder, monosodium glutamate, caramel color, garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, potassium carbonate, sodium carbonate, sodium tripolyphosphate, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate, sodium alginate, natural flavors, tocopherols, soy sauce, powder (wheat, soybeans, maltodextrin, salt), beef powder, hydrolyzed wheat gluten, sugar, T-BHQ.

Manufactured in a plant that also processes shrimp and milk products. "