R.I.P. Carl Sagan, 10 years gone

bascule

Carl Sagan died 10 years ago this day. Here's to a great scientist, author, videographer, and a vocal advocate of science education. His books changed my life.

I miss him a lot too. I learned a lot from him and he was a respected person that I admired. Oh, and hell does not exist but if it did, I rather be there with Sagan than in heaven with Gods pedophile priests and his rapist friends.

Bettina

LOL

I miss him a lot too. I learned a lot from him and he was a respected person that I admired. Oh, and hell does not exist but if it did, I rather be there with Sagan than in heaven with Gods pedophile priests and his rapist friends.

Bettina

You have a point, B.

I miss him too. Strange, that you miss someone you didn't know.

He has a book that just came out, some 1985 lectures that his widow Druyan edited and made into a book.

It has been selling a lot.

It is usually in the top 4 or 5 books on the amazon physics bestseller list

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/14545/ref=pd_ts_b_ldr/102-1454980-4598542

I miss him because he made sanity popular and attractive---and he had a spiritual dimension too---I feel, without necessarily knowing why, that his sanity might have helped protect us from some of the more awful things in the past 10 years. Like the Ultra coup. Can one calm humane voice of reason do that?

The book is called

The Varieties of Scientific Experience: A Personal View of the Search for God

by Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan (Editor)

In Stock

$16.43

Has anybody seen it?