FM, Bluetooth or Tape?

if_u_say_so

Im looking for a way to connect my mobile phone mp3 player to my car stereo. I wanted to know, in terms of audio quality, which is the better option:

1. Using the mobile phone's bluetooth to play audio to a bluetooth enabled stereo.

2. Using a FM transmitter to transmit audio a short distance from the output of the phone to the car stereo.

3. Use a tape cassette adaptor to insert into the car stereo and to connect it to the speaker jack on the phone.

I have heard the quality on standard FM stereo transmitters and its pretty good, but you can still hear that the audio output is not as good as the track.

Does anyone know if bluetooth or a tape cassette adaptor would be any better? I have my doubts about the tape cassette, im guessing it wouldnt be any better than a normal cassette tape. I have never heard audio through one of these 'adaptors' or a bluetooth stereo so I thought I would ask other people that have tried the other options.

At the moment I dont have a bluetooth enabled stereo, or a tape cassette adaptor and I would really like to get the best quality audio playback i can.

There's an attachment I bought online that I connected to my pc, and I get a 3.5mm which I can plug into my phone. It plays as Auxillary on my car stereo. If your car doesn't have the ability to attatch aux, I'd say bluetooth. (if it were 2.0)

DIY-preamp + headset adaptor pulgged straight into the amp itself.

all the others really depend on the quality of the encoder/decoder device in the mobile and stereo.

fm is a live feed between the two and can be very clear BUT you get the same interference as any other station.

the tape deck adaptor might actually be very good, the magnetic connection is a live feed, the audio resloution in a tape deck is roughly that of an mp3 file (8 bit, 22100hz), little or no interference but it really hinges on your mobile's side of the adaptor, mobiles have notoriously lousy headphone jacks.

bluetooth is probably going to be the best, the mobile/mp3 is going to send the whole file no glitches or distortion, the stereo will decode the file in the same way the mp3 player does and puts it straight through to the amps so theres no transfer loss at all

Thankyou for your responses. Unfortunatly my car stereo has no aux inputs either in the front or back, so I cant use that idea even though it is the cheapest and easiest.

Yes I think bluetooth is the best option, no interferance from other radio stations and it is digital so the output should be exactly the same as the track. The only down side is the cost of a bluetooth enabled stereo, as they are not as common as a cd/mp3 stereo. But if I am going to get a bluetooth stereo I might as well get one that has aux inputs.

But anyway, thankyou for your posts everyone.