inactivity

Perhaps that’s what’s keeping SFN from the constant stream of new members it used to enjoy.
I think, like everything else in life, there is no *one* reason but it's certainly one of them.
Just look at the first few pages of http://www.scienceforums.net/showthread.php?t=14640 from post 17 and on; has anyone herd from weldermanx since?
Tbh, weldermanx was *way* too sensitive in that thread. It's one thing to take it easy on someone due to their age but when they won't listen or come up with all kinds of ways to ignore advice then even the most patient person gets frustrated. And remember we're talking about a pretty unforgiving science. Stop listening when it comes to Chemistry and your life is on the line. Sometimes chemists have to be a little caustic to get people's attention.
Then there’s simply calling someone stupid as an excuse to not answer(post number 10 in http://www.scienceforums.net/showthread.php?t=23554)
That's not even close to simply calling someone stupid. It may not have been necessary but reread the thread. There's a difference between honestly asking what practical applications a robot like that could have and what Heretic posted in #9. It was pretty obvious he was absolutely convinced it was a worthless piece of machinery and he hadn't really put much thought into what he posted.
Or it could be just as simple as crushing all of someone’s ideas or saying every thing is rong.
Oh please.
When you can click on find all posts by ****** in someone’s profile and my then half are negative it really shows how bad its getting .
How bad *it's* getting or how bad the member is? Don't forget that some members bring a lot on themselves. And before you object to that you MUST make that -part of the equation if you want to assign blame. Internet forums have no one-way streets.

Don't forget that interests wax and wane. New toys, new jobs, new schools, there are a bunch of reasons why we have periods of high and low activity. It's natural and we should use the time productively. How about making up for it by thinking up soem great new threads? I'll try to do my part as well. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic