Volunteers wanted for new religion forums

Cap'n Refsmmat

We've been working on getting a separate religion site set up, and I think now is the best time to ask for volunteers.

We need people who know theology well to help organize the site, define rules, and begin moderating when the time is right. We will not accept people who have shown bad behavior in the SFN religion section in the past, as we are looking for people who can stabilize a community and make it strong.

If you're interested in helping, send me a PM. Please don't be offended if we do not take you; we are looking for only a few individuals at the beginning. If you really want to help and we don't get back to you, just wait until the site is public and start contributing.

edit: I won't be able to get back to you immediately when you PM me. I'd like to see just who volunteers before picking anybody out, and I'm going to be asking other staff members for their input as well.

Okay, everybody, I've sent a PM to those who we'd like to join us on the staff. You guys can check your PM boxes and follow the instructions to help us out.

If you applied and didn't get a PM, or you haven't noticed this yet but you'd like to help out, don't worry! Once the new site is up and running, we'll be looking for more people to help -- and all you have to do to get our interest then is make quality and insightful posts.

Thanks to those who applied!

There is still going to be a philosophy component to these forums, right?
My vision for the site is to keep the the spirit of what we had before but allow a more freestyle approach. Since we will not be courting young scientists and trying to keep away from "faith bashing" at all costs, there will be a more raw feel to the forum, "gloves off" if you will. Philosophy will most certainly come into play, along with a more in-depth look at specific faiths and belief systems.

We will still require a logical approach to posting, since we will still be a part of Science Forums Network, but we'll be relying on the members to call out fallacious logic (which includes prejudice) so those who are only interested in preaching or bashing will soon gain a bad rep as a poster. I'd like to keep warnings and bannings to a minimum and make sure those with something intelligent to say have a voice.

More info will be forthcoming.