more forum weirdness

I am finding the forum is bahaving oddly. When I click 'quote' to quote a post I often am seeing what looks like html, eg. < br />

without the spaces.

I am also finding that my posts don't format correctly unless I include html in them. Has something changed recently?

For example' date=' I am leaving a blank line between this and this

I needed to type <br><br> after it to skip a line.[/quote']

Test

Test

test

<br/>

<br>

<br />

test test

note: Your post shows spaces in "this and this," with no line break, and the <br> you typed there was encoded properly. HTML should never do anything in your posts.

edit: Works for me. Can you show a screenshot of the post box and the results, if possible?

Test

Test

test

<br/>

<br>

<br />

test test

note: Your post shows spaces in "this and this' date='" with no line break, and the <br> you typed there was encoded properly. HTML should [i']never[/i] do anything in your posts.

edit: Works for me. Can you show a screenshot of the post box and the results, if possible?

If it helps, directly quoting you (with the quote button), typing this line, and hitting submit produces this. Edit: hmm... I now tried to upload a screenshot, but none of the buttons in the post box are working.