AP BC calculus

grayfalcon89

Okay my school's bit peculiar in a way that it spends two years in AB Calc. Anyway, I think this is a waste of my time so I'm going to self-prep extra materials for BC Calc as well and take AP BC Calc if I can. How hard are they compared to each other? Is it possible to get 5/5 on BC by self-prep on additional materials like Taylor's Series and stuffs?

I can't help you with your question because I really don't know the US exam setup as I live in the UK. But I would say that if you're planning to teach yourself, you must make sure that you cover each topic completely and in full, doing plenty of example questions along the way. It's very easy to get complacent and skip sections which might cause you to suffer later on.

Just my little bit of advice :)

To grayfalcon: Ap BC calculus and AB is not so different from each other (i got a 5 on it). BC just learns more in depth, and is a bit faster because of the extra taylor series/infinite series topic that unworthy AB does not learn. Just have ot work hard, put your mind inot it and you'll do well. There is absolutely no point in taking 2 years AB, that's just plain dumb. Save yourself time in college (and money) and take teh Bc man. I have faith in you. Good luck on your decision

Get an AP test study book. I highly recommend Barron's How to Prepare for the AP Calculus BC Exam.

And yes, it's possible to teach yourself and do well. I taught myself pretty much everything I ever learned in physics and got a 4 on both the E&M and Mechanics C tests.