psycho president?

pHoToN_gUrL

Is Iran's president (Ahmadinejad) mentally ill?

================================================

==> The Iranian president recalled being told about it by one of his delegation: "When you began with the words ‘in the name of Allah,' I saw a light coming, surrounding you and protecting you to the end."

Ahmadinejad agreed that he sensed the same thing.

"On the last day when I was speaking, one of our group told me that when I started to say 'Bismillah Muhammad,' he saw a green light come from around me, and I was placed inside this aura," he says. "I felt it myself. I felt that the atmosphere suddenly changed, and for those 27 or 28 minutes, all the leaders of the world did not blink. When I say they didn't move an eyelid, I'm not exaggerating. They were looking as if a hand was holding them there, and had just opened their eyes – Alhamdulillah!"

Ahmadinejad is urging Iranians to prepare for the coming of the Mahdi by turning the country into a mighty and advanced Islamic society and by avoiding the corruption and excesses of the West.

=====================================================

seeing lights?????? prepare for coming of Mahdi?????

I think this man needs some sort of psychological evalutation.

Also, i heard some where that Augest 22 is the end of the world because Iran wants to do some type of nuclear thing!!!! How true is this?????

I think we need some clarification here. pHoToN_gUrL, do you want to discuss Iran's leader in terms of Politics? Because speculation on his mental health is not very productive. And doomsday conspiracies are better discussed in Pseudoscience or Speculations.

I think that the fact that this president belives to be seeing lights from heaven and signals that Mahdi is going to come back is affecting the politics. It's not just a speculation, scientifically he is hallucinating or is dellusional and this to me sounds like a phsycological problem.

The president truely belives that his dellusions are signs from the heavon or what not. This puts the entire world to danger becuase this president could make harmfull decisions based on his personal beliefs and dellusions which also affects the decisions and choices that his followers make.

But if this sounds like speculation, please move it to Pseudoscience or Speculations.

I think we need some clarification here. pHoToN_gUrL, do you want to discuss Iran's leader in terms of Politics? Because speculation on his mental health is not very productive.

If her information is factual, it would seem to have everything to do with today's political landscape.

And doomsday conspiracies are better discussed in Pseudoscience or Speculations.

The speculation about August 22 as a date for jihadist action does have an informed basis.

The president truely belives that his dellusions are signs from the heavon or what not. This puts the entire world to danger becuase this president could make harmfull decisions based on his personal beliefs and dellusions which also affects the decisions and choices that his followers make.
Thank you, that's what I was looking for. Psychoanalysis and doomsday conspiracies are for other forums. This gives us a good political angle to launch from.

No, I don't think Iran's president is pyscho, this is all about image.

It's just like Kim Jong Ill trying to portray himself as pyscho, he's not really pyscho, just good at manipulating his image. His entire country is one giant cult.

The reason why these people would portray(or want to portray) themselves as pyscho, is due to the fact that people don't generally like to mess with pyschos. Pyschos can(from the perception of the average person) easily wipe out huge numbers of people, with little remorse or sympathy(this isn't true, true people who are pyschotic generally just want to be left alone, and only attack as delusions increase, or if they are harrassed, and they need help, not to be denigrated) also, pyschos as unpredictable. Ruthless, blood thirsty cold hearted logical people can at least be understood, making them more predictable, and less threatening. Pyschos on the other hand, are extremely unpredictable, and so you never know what they are going to do. Essentially it's fear of the unknown.

Also, religious pyschos are the worst, due to the fact that they believe they will go to a glorious afterlife. This makes people think that "hey, they want to die, I don't want to mess with that kind of person!".

Ontop of that, religious leadership(especially in extremely religious societies), greatly aids peoples ability for people to relate/respect (to) them.

On the other hand, if he really was pyschotic, he might have a messianic complex(he might actually believe he is/was the savior of whatever), and they might have(whoever are his handlers) intentionally put someone pyschotic in office, due to the fact that someone pyschotic can actually be easier to manipulate/control than someone who is sane. Also, pyschotic people give your nation scare appeal.

So either A) this is all an image thing, or B) this guy really is pyschotic, but he isn't the real power. There is some sort of power behind the throne(probably some ayotollah) which is who/what is really ruling the country.

Unless he has a medical history of pyschosis, I would be in doubt of his psychosis.

• 3 weeks later...