Liposuction: Why does it cost less in Mexico than in U.S.A?

Genecks

Something that I haven't been able to understand is how the cost of getting liposuction is cut in half when a person decides to go to Mexico instead of having it done in America. And I'm not asking for a biased opinion about the danger involved unless it relates to anethesia. However, I am questioning why it costs so much more to get a liposuction procedure done in America than it is in Mexico? What makes the drastic cost difference? The medical equipment? The economics? The politics?

I haven't been able to understand why this drastic cost difference exists. Does anyone here have an analyzed reason as to why the costs differ?

• 1 year later...

there are several reasons. for one medications are cheaper in mexico, the drug companies charge less down there. two, the value of the US dollar vs the peso gives you more buying power. also doctors dont charge as much, they cant because if they charged what american docs charged no one could ever afford health care. they also deal with less restriction of medical procedures, and less malpractice insurance than their american counterparts. i could go on to say probably because of safety, but i am sure there are plenty of qualified mexican doctors. even though i personally wouldnt let any of them touch me outside of an emergency.

there are several reasons. for one medications are cheaper in mexico, the drug companies charge less down there. two, the value of the US dollar vs the peso gives you more buying power. also doctors dont charge as much, they cant because if they charged what american docs charged no one could ever afford health care. they also deal with less restriction of medical procedures, and less malpractice insurance than their american counterparts. i could go on to say probably because of safety, but i am sure there are plenty of qualified mexican doctors. even though i personally wouldnt let any of them touch me outside of an emergency.
Why, oh why, are you resurrecting all these 2-3 year-old threads?