How Can I Have a Paranormal Experience?

Chinese Love

I want to experience something paranormal. Ideally, I would want to get abducted by space aliens, as long as I can be awake and view the whole thing, even at the price of them killing me in the end.

But, I would also accept meeting deities and supernatural entities, or time-traveling or going to different dimensions.

I would also like to become immortal and have god-like powers via supernatural means (since science can't do this as yet).

If anyone knows how to do any of the above, please post a response so I can do it.

Thanks.

I want to experience something paranormal. Ideally' date=' I would want to get abducted by space aliens, as long as I can be awake and view the whole thing, even at the price of them killing me in the end.

But, I would also accept meeting deities and supernatural entities, or time-traveling or going to different dimensions.

I would also like to become immortal and have god-like powers via supernatural means (since science can't do this as yet).

If anyone knows how to do any of the above, please post a response so I can do it.

Thanks.[/quote']

Uh... why don't you play role-playing games, like D&D.

Uh... why don't you play role-playing games, like D&D.

I want the real think. You know, like in the movie "The Thirteenth Floor" where each simulated civilization was built within another simulated civilization and no one knew for sure how high up it was before the "real" civilization existed, and even then, how would they know if even that world was "real"?

So, keeping a philosophically open mind, I am willing to try to experience all the paranormal claims, if someone can tell me how to do it. PLus, being an atheist, a part of me would like to hope there is "more" to reality than my default belief: eternal death.

I want the real think. You know' date=' like in the movie "The Thirteenth Floor" where each simulated civilization was built within another simulated civilization and no one knew for sure how high up it was before the "real" civilization existed, and even then, how would they know if even that world was "real"?

So, keeping a philosophically open mind, I am willing to try to experience all the paranormal claims, if someone can tell me how to do it. PLus, being an atheist, a part of me would like to hope there is "more" to reality than my default belief: eternal death.[/quote']

According to most people on this forum, role playing games or video games is the closest your going to come to a paranormal experiance.

I want to experience something paranormal. Ideally' date=' I would want to get abducted by space aliens, as long as I can be awake and view the whole thing, even at the price of them killing me in the end.

Thanks.[/quote']

Without a deep imagination and other things you are born with, you may not be able to. You could possibly try drugs.

Bee

Take hallucinogenic drugs... that's about the closest you'll get to a paranormal experience. It's enough to fool new age idiots into thinking there are people in other dimensions you can only see while tripping mushrooms.

Goddard has seemed to have forgotten that touch is also a sense. How does he explain that one in terms of the 'unseen exterior'?

The skin lies outside the brain: the skin simply brings in data to the brain, where the data is organized to create a duplicate representation of what lies outside the brain.

"I want to experience something paranormal. Ideally, I would want to get abducted by space aliens, as long as I can be awake and view the whole thing, even at the price of them killing me in the end.

I would also like to become immortal and have god-like powers via supernatural means (since science can't do this as yet)."

I honestly don't think this is the right place to be asking, Chinese Love. Most people here do not subscribe to such beliefs, if I may be allowed to speak for us all in this matter.

Most people here do not subscribe to such beliefs, if I may be allowed to speak for us all in this matter.
Well I don't know, I think all of that would be pretty cool. And I would quite like to meet some other sentient beings be they deities or extra terestrial, I see know reason why either shouldn't be around.

I think the best thing would be to ask the aliens/gods/time-lords themselves, I can't recall any particuarly easy ways to contact them but I'm sure you find out.

Would it still be abduction if you wanted it to happen?

Chinese Love:

Congratulations, by almost any of the definitions for paranormal, you are it personified. Look in a mirror, hear yourself talking, you are there already, O enlightened one!

If you want to go with the premise that the paranormal exists, which it appears you do, I would recommend taking up very critical research into paranormal accounts and ongoing research - not fun mind you, as even if there are paranormal experiences that are legit, you'll run at least into 99.9% fluff.

Still, it is the most likely way of finding something legit, and beats finding some con artist capable of fooling you.

Also, bear in mind if anyone on this forum could offer a set of instructions for experiencing paranormal phenomina, they'd probably already be world famous and well known for revolutionizing science's view of the world.

hello

meditaion-enhanced mental state

spirit dancing-spiritual awakening

walkabout-go out into the wilderness, stay out there till you have a vision.

vision quest-about like walkabout

peyote, mescal, magic mushrooms-natural altered states

lsd-man made chemically induced altered state.

goto to supposed paranormal sites-see if you can experience anything. such as and supposed haunted sites in your area.

since this is a science forum, kindly remember to collect data on your experience.

mr d

The term "paranormal" is something that I thought about for a long time. It seems that this is a changing expression; something we THINK is paranormal tends to get either proven by physics (and gets to be 'scientific explained', therefore no longer paranormal) or disproven by physics (and therefore not paranormal anymore). It seems to me that this happens to most of our "paranormal" activities and sightings over the years. Some take more time to be either proved or disproved, but aventually, most end up on either side of the scale.

This got me thinking about the term itself. If you are a scientific-thinking person (and you don't have to be an atheist for that), then you must come from the BASIC point that all the rules that govern our world and universe originate in nature. If we understand those phenomenas or can explain them (or theorize about them), they fit into the scientific theories, but those we can't explain, are concidered "paranormal" -- which in my opinion, is a flawed term to use.

We might not understand all about nature, but history of science proved that we end up explaining many of our unexplained phenomenas. The second you claim there is something "ABOVE" nature, you disconnect yourself from science.

If there ARE ghosts (which I personally doubt there are in the usual sense people use), then their existance is WITHIN nature. It might be that we will change or re-discover some of nature's RULES out of that "ghost discovery", but it will simply say that nature works differently than we thought. Ghosts, therefore, if exist, are WITHIN nature.

There is, therefore, in my opinion, no such thing as Paranormal. "Above" (or "outside of") nature is just a flawed term.

This is why, in my opinion at least, a lot of people started offering weird suggestions for you to have your "paranormal experience" - from UFO sightings, to dying and coming back (hope you didnt take THAT one seriously ;-) ).

That said, you now need to explain what TYPE of experience you want. Saying "Paranormal" doesn't cut it. Tell us "I want to be able to have an experience that influences my senses" would be a good way to go, or "I want to see UFOs" would be another. But "Paranormal Experience" is flawed, since the SECOND YOU HAVE IT, it is no longer above nature.. it is WITHIN the natural rules (with us might not knowing the explanation. Yet)

Hope I managed to bring my point through hehe..

~moo

Thanks.[/quote']

You have three choices:

1. Sit in a haunted house overnight. If the house is truly haunted and the sprits, electro magnetic disturbences, or hallucinigenic gasses are active you should see or hear something.

2. Stay at Whitley Streiber's house over night. This man claims to be abducted by aliens on a nightly basis and allows people to stay at his house so they can experience the abduction as well.

3. LSD. Enough said