electronic limescale remover

Igor Suman

I`ve seen something similar to that before but it used perm magnets instead, they also do a version for Fuel lines in cars that are SUPOSED to give you better fuel economy (more MPG) by aligning the petrol molecules!.

it`s BS dude :)

the only place it`s logical to stick a magnet is on the lowest part of a Fuel tank and the crank casing, it holds onto tiny Metal parts as they wear away with use and stops them causing more damage, in fact many sump oil plugs come with a built in magnet just for this reason :)

The devices YT mentions are commonly used in plumbing and boiler fitting. If you have a new combi boiler fitted, the engineer will fit one as standard. They do work. I have one that feeds the boiler and the cold taps in the bathroom. Since it has been fitted, the limescale deposits around the taps have gone.

Apparently, it works on the calcium ions and makes them stick together. The effect is only temporary though, so it's no good on a boiler with a hot water storage cylinder. I have deliberately boiled bathroom tap water in a kettle to see if would leave a limescale deposit, and it doesn't.

The magnets for fuel lines apparently work too. I have little idea how, but I have seen the results of a rolling road test. It was quite impressive. The fuel burns at a higher temperature and there was (for this particular engine) a 15% increase in efficiency. It is, I'm told. different for different engines. The given explanation was that the magnet 'excites' the hydrocarbon molecules in such a way that they combust more readily and thus more efficiently. I have no idea whether that's true, but the rolling road output was quite compelling as far as evidence goes (assuming it was honest).

yup, that`s roughly my opinion also, although I did find this statement:

"Magnetic treatment of fuel, it is claimed, results in increased horsepower, increased mileage, reduced hazardous gas emissions, and longer engine life."

from that article interesting, in Particular the last little bit about prolonging engine life.

I don`t know how many of you here have ever stripped down a petrol tank on either a Motorbike or a car but you`ll notice lots of Rusty bits inside, the breather valve in the fuel cap allows air humidity IN also! that will condense and will rust exposed iron.

a magnet well positioned (the lowest possible part of the tank) will keep Many of these particles from entering the engine, they can be so small as to pass the gause filters without an issue, but are hard enough to scratch at a micron level the Piston or the bore (it is only an Alu Alloy!).

so yes I give credance to that particular claim, Based upon the condition that the magnet is of sufficient power and positioned correctly, it Does work :)

MPG, Horse Power..... Naah :)

i had a thought about this, its true that magnets induce an electric current on moving conductors. if the fluid in the pipe is conductive, the magnet will cause drag and probably turn the turbulance into heat. but thats about the extent of what a magnet can do on liquids.

• 2 weeks later...
i had a thought about this, its true that magnets induce an electric current on moving conductors. if the fluid in the pipe is conductive, the magnet will cause drag and probably turn the turbulance into heat. but thats about the extent of what a magnet can do on liquids.

Magnetic fields can pump liquids:-

http://www.accessscience.com/Encyclopedia/2/22/Est_222600_frameset.html?doi

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8268618&dopt=Abstract

• 2 weeks later...

magnetic feilds can do lots of things :)

pumping liquids requires a moving feild, in which case the liquid thinks its moving relative to the feild and tries to catch up / stop relative to the feild.

never would have though of it though.