reor

AGRESSIVE ads are  

1 member has voted

1. 1. AGRESSIVE ads are

• positive
    • neutral
    • negative
    • dangerous

All I know is that the incessant flood of commercials (especially cheap, corny, cheesy, pathetic and pointless ones) really pisses me off, and that can't be good for society's welfare. And I imagine it pisses off other people to, so that just magnifies the general unhappiness ratio for mankind.

Especially late at night when every other commercial is one for dating services and strip-clubs and condoms and KY-Jelly, which all would be fine if they were done creatively or funnily or with awesome CGI, but of course they never are :mad:

it depends on the type of Ad. For example, 'The Truth' ads are aggressive, but they are teaching kids about the dangers of smoking.
EVERYTHING depends! There are ads that SUPPORT smoking, so...

Damn that Marlboro Man! ...Aw, i can't be mad at him. :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING depends! There are ads that SUPPORT smoking' date=' so...

Damn that Marlboro Man! ...Aw, i can't be mad at him. :rolleyes:[/quote']

exactly... so how can you say the advertising is all negative. It just isn't.

Remember Azure Pheonix, their job isn't to entertain you, it's to make you remember those adds.

If they've pissed you off, then you'll remember them, and so they have done their job.

Ontop of that, you have to remember your probably in the top 98% of the population, which means that you have people of much lower intelligence watching those adds, and saying "HAAAWWW HAWWW, THAT'S FUNNY" or something to that equivalent.

Especially late at night when every other commercial is one for dating services and strip-clubs and condoms and KY-Jelly, which all would be fine if they were done creatively or funnily or with awesome CGI, but of course they never are :mad:

You mean, "if they were allowed to feature naked people."

Remember Azure Pheonix, their job isn't to entertain you, it's to make you remember those adds.
I wasn't questioning their effectiveness, just their negative effect on society, in this case through my own desire to seek out the creator of each, force them through sausage-grinders and bake them into cookies to lace with ricin and give to their families in consolation baskets :P

Ontop of that, you have to remember your probably in the top 98% of the population
'bout time someone other than me pointed it out ;)

You mean, "if they were allowed to feature naked people."
I'll concede that point :D

I know exactly what you mean. After a while, I start to question myself and wonder what demographic of consumers I "run with" in my viewing schedule. And don't forget *whistles the tune* enzyte for natural male enchancement. I give it 6 months before late night cable runs ads on behalf of wealthy Nigerians who want your help to move large amounts of money out of their country...

I'd rather watch two live shows and DVR them both, or wait 20 minutes into an hr show just to not deal with the commercials. I rarely see any commercials anymore.

They target to influence your perception, using common frights, worries, preferences and desires. Colours, sounds and scents are used to make you feel good or bad, depending on the subject and desired effect. Doesn't sound harmless to me.

I don't want to start sounding like paranoia, so, do your own researches if you're interested.