Aymara people look forward to the past...

Royston

I found this very interesting, apparently South America's indigenous Aymara people percieve the past as the future. I'm not sure how they'd react if entropy was explained to them, but as the rest of the world consider time as a property of space that shifts forward (so to speak) their perception is in reverse (obviously not physical events). Here's a quote and link to the physorg article...

Until now, all the studied cultures and languages of the world – from European and Polynesian to Chinese, Japanese, Bantu and so on – have not only characterized time with properties of space, but also have all mapped the future as if it were in front of ego and the past in back. The Aymara case is the first documented to depart from the standard model," said Nunez.

http://www.physorg.com/news69338070.html

EDIT: Should of added that the results are not absolutely conclusive, but nevertheless it's interesting how culture can have such a profound influence if the findings are correct.

heh, reminds me of the trolls from the diskworld novels, who think they're going backwards through time, because they can see the past (so it must be infront of them) but not the future (so it must be behind).

Bizzare.