Posts appearing on home page.

I've noticed if I post on a science related forum (so not general discussion, P & R et.c) it doesn't appear on the home page. Is this because I got a couple of things wrong recently, or is this an error ?

Since the home page is sort of like marketing for us, we don't want people being directed to silly posts like yours always are. We feel the tone of the forum should be....

Gotcha! :D

I really have no idea why your posts wouldn't appear, except maybe it takes a bit more time than your giving it. I just saw you dangling that big chain and decided to give it a yank *.

* I hope that doesn't mean anything sexual in the UK.

I just saw you dangling that big chain and decided to give it a yank *.

* I hope that doesn't mean anything sexual in the UK.

Not sexual, more toilet humour...you flushed me out, or something along those lines, errrr (silence, tumble weed rolls past.)

I wasn't sure if there was any changes as to what made it to the home page, just checking really, I certainly wouldn't take it personally anyway, my study is cramming work in 'part time', I'm well within my rights to get things wrong :)

Thanks for the response Phi for All !

Not sexual, more toilet humour...you flushed me out, or something along those lines, errrr (silence, tumble weed rolls past.)
In the US, when you yank someone's chain you're having them on, "taking the piss" I think you call it, making fun of something they are being too serious about.

I know it's part of your persona to be self-deprecating but I don't know why. Your posts are just fine, more knowledgeable than a lot of people's. You're not (quite) in the top ten on our Loony List, so stop worrying. :cool:

i believe 'yanking someones chain' means the same in the UK.

'pulling someones leg' is more common for 'taking the piss in an outright-lying-to-them kinda way (also for any outright lie), hence the expression 'pull the other one'.

alternatively, 'pull the other one, it has bells on it'.

no idea where the bells refference comes from. maybe it's a morris dancing thing?