brain part for writing

That may be true for reading, but writing is what I'm wondering about. This probably is located somewhere in the frontal lobe, but if somebody knows a more specific location within the frontal lobe (or whatever lobe it is), I'd really like to know. Thanks

I'd assume the motor cortex, Wernicke's area, and the occipital lobe. However, it would probably go in a circle; a person would have to read or visualize what he or she was writing.

The writing process may include other parts of the brain.

Perhaps you could describe more about ability.

Define ability within the context of your question.

I'd assume the motor cortex' date=' Wernicke's area, and the occipital lobe. However, it would probably go in a circle; a person would have to read or visualize what he or she was writing.

The writing process may include other parts of the brain.

Perhaps you could describe more about ability.

Define ability within the context of your question.[/quote']

I mean our ability to know automaticly what symbols to use, how to write them, how to coordinate our fine motor skills with the pen and paper, etc.

Put it this way: we would lose the kind of ability I'm talking about if a lieson to the particular part of the brain in question resulted in having to write similarly to how a 2 year old would write - that is, almost as if each letter was drawn painstakingly like drawing a picture, concentrating on getting it to look right, being kind of messy, not being smooth, quick, and neat like we usually are (well, people other than me :P).

Well, when if comes to fine motor control, there is the involvement of dopamine from S.Nigra neurons that project to striatal nuclie involved in fine motor coordination, in particular the shell of the NuAcc.

You want evidence? Parkinsons. DA neurons of the SN die. Therapy: dopamine replacement.

Isn't writing just like talking? Which parts are responsible for communication?

Broca's. From Broca's area, the signals are sent to the motor cortex, which send signals to the larynx (there might be some intermediate neural centers). But I don't think it's as simple as saying that Broca's area must send signals to the part of the motor cortex responsible for our hand movements - that's not how the brain works. Broca's area would have to code the signals differently so that the hands get the right pattern of signals. The way the brain usually handles cases like this is that it either uses a different neural center other than Broca's or Broca's sends the signals to an intermediate neural center for converting the signals to the proper format, and then sends them to the motor cortex.