Putting Math Eqn's / Symbols into Electronic Form

NSX

Like the title says, how do you put math symbols into electronic form?

I know how to save the file as a jpg and whatnot, but something like:

wimg103.gif

ie. big sqrt sign, division is centered with left term.

:\

Sayonara³ said in post #8 :

MS Equation Editor is a proprietary Microsoft product.

MathML is an international standard for marking up mathematical equations in a platform-free form.

Cools. I'll have a crack @ it on the weekend.

fafalone said in post #9 :

Any ideas about how we could go about implementing that here?

I was also looking at mimetex, it's extremely easy to implement but the learning curve for users would be pretty steep.

I think if there's a FAQ or readme posted, it should be alright. THere's always deductive reasoning to find out how it works

:P

________

ON a sidenote, what program(s) do you guys use to convert from word to pdf?

fafalone said in post #9 :

Any ideas about how we could go about implementing that here?

I haven't looked at the W3 spec in detail yet but it's XML based so it should not be too hard to implement - the most difficult bit will be understanding the freaky W3 semantics in the language specification.

Argh.

NSX:

I use a little program that adds itself to your printer menu as a "printer". When you send a doc to it, it converts it to PDF instead of printing it out.

Go to www.tucows.com and search for "PDF" - there are loads of funky free applications ;)

fafalone said in post #13 :

I think we're going to implement mimetex and simplfiy the syntax with the addition of some easier vB tags.

Maybe blike can implement the MS Eq'n editor after he modified the msg editing thingy into a MS word layout.

:P

• 9 months later...