iPod Video or Zen Vision M ???

Time to get a new mp3 player and I can't quite make my mind up. I will be going for the 30GB version of whichever.

I think what I don't like about the iPod is that it doesn't support as many formats for films and doesn't support wma music either. People say it's easy to convert file types though.

Also the iPod battery life is only 2hrs for films. So if I watched an episode of The OC then I'd already be on half battery.

But then again I just do prefer iPods generally and I really love how thin the 30GB one is.

Which one should I get?

Any other points or helpful comments from anyone is welcome...

Everyone i know who owns an IPod hate them after say 6 months - 1 year becuase the battery starts to not hold its charge and to be fixed they need to be sent off.

Personally I own a Sony Walkman NW-1000 and wouldn't go for anything else . . . . i know the video bit is pretty cool, but i have a Orange SPV C500 Smartphone, and a E200 before that . . . both windows mobile powered, both offer great video play back . . . i got bored with it after the intial spout of watching compressed dvds etc etc so if you ask me get a sony :D

How much are you gonna or wanting to spend?

I have a Cowon A2. Its a PMP (portable media player) and has a 30gb hard drive. However, it plays video, music, views photos and text. Excellent little gadget. Battery lasts around 10hrs when watching video constantly and 18 when only listening to music.

The quality of sound and picture is phenomenal. You can even listen to FM radio and record off the TV through scart (or play it back through the TV)

It costs £300 but is well worth it.

Here is a review

Here is the main site

Nah, I'm looking at about £200 or basically the price of a 30GB iPod or Zen.

My main prob with the iPod (ie. if this wasn't a prob I would buy it) is that it can only play movies for 2hrs.

That's not long enough for a film and if, as I've said previously, were to watch a 1hr episode of something, maybe The OC, then the battery life would already be half.

Although as someone said to me earlier, the novelty of watching videos on it might wear off after a bit.

Any more comments anyone?

Nah' date=' I'm looking at about £200 or basically the price of a 30GB iPod or Zen.

My main prob with the iPod (ie. if this wasn't a prob I would buy it) is that it can only play movies for 2hrs.

That's not long enough for a film and if, as I've said previously, were to watch a 1hr episode of something, maybe The OC, then the battery life would already be half.

Although as someone said to me earlier, the novelty of watching videos on it might wear off after a bit.

Any more comments anyone?[/quote']

Trust me dude you should get the Samsung yh-j70 it plays videos,fm radio, very good battery life. You should check out the reviews from various sites. I got it for 180 quid from Argos a few months back I am sure you can find for cheaper on the internet. You can it in 20gb and 30gb.

After seeing a whole massive group of reviews for the iPod on Amazon and nearly all of them talked about battery life being an issue and then looking at Zen reviews on Amazon and everyone loved it I think I'm gonna have to go for a Zen now.