explosives

vanillity

what would be a way to make some small firework sized explosives (legal where I'm from) using simple methods and chemicals? probably even just some chemicals that make cool effects when mixed? (gas, colors etc.) if any of this is illegal to answer/post please delete and sorry for the problem.

-EDIT- please move to applied chemistry, sorry for the mistake.

The mix is 60% KNO3 and 40% Sugar. However it can vary depending on what you want it to be like. Please do not attempt to make this if you don't know what you are doing or you aren't too good at following safety guidlines. If heated too much the mixture can ignite and cause a big mess.

The mix is 60% KNO3[/size'] and 40% Sugar. However it can vary depending on what you want it to be like. Please do not attempt to make this if you don't know what you are doing or you aren't too good at following safety guidlines. If heated too much the mixture can ignite and cause a big mess.

60/40 is a smoke mixture

65/35 and 75/25 is the rocket mixture

i personally use 65/35 + 0.5% iron oxide

The the combustion would consists of Co2+ h2o + k2co3, all which arn't harmful (doesnt mean its good for you). the correct reaction equation was posted on another thread here, dont remeber which

If you want cool effects use charcoal instead of sugar because you cant see effects when your using sugar (atleast for me) and a cool effect would be a modified blackpowder that burns slower with added aluminium powder.

heres a video of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K5GzHJusU4