Implosion Of A Bottle

KFC

I had a bottle that had the consistence of milk hug plastic. It was fill half and half water and hydrogen. I left it to sit for a week at room temp. and half the hydrogen was gone. Did it leek though the plastic or did it turn in to Dihydrogen Dioxide?

VERY little of it would have dissolved in the water as hydrogen is not very water soluble. I can gaurantee you that virtually all of it escaped through the plastic jug or out through the cap. Hydrogen will leach out of virtually everything due to it's very miniscule size.

Is there any hydrogen left in the bottle and it could not escape from the cap I turned the bottle up side down so that the water blocks the cap for that reason?/.

Despite your effort to block the cap opening with the liquid, chances are that the hydrogen molecules just managed to "slip out between" the plastic molecules, due to the small molecular size of hydrogen.

• 1 month later...