Ghosts......

pretender

for instance, when a Signal is sent out and then received idealy it will be a perfect copy/image of the original signal.

however depending upon external interactions with this signal as it propagates, sometimes a secondary signal is picked up also.

this can either be a reflection or a Harmonic (similar to the original signal but a little out of phase).

well yes, Most people do, or at least in the Western world, and most everyone on the planet is capable of picking up these signals, remote areas are a little less likely though.

although Often people with the strongest signals tend to get the most Ghosting.

:)

Fewer ghosts now, in the digital age. Ghosts dont like digital. Some years ago, on the Isle of Wight, the ghosts used to come and go depending on the tide. Not a lot of people know that the aether is affected by salt water.

Er... today is April the 14th? Must have lost a page on my calendar.

yeah, I hear there`s alot of Ghost activity in Scotland.

Gcol, I agree, not many do know that the tide can affect the occurance of this, it`s all about Ions, in fact certain conditions and years brings on alot of strange phenomenon, odd colored lights in the sky, electric appliances going crazy, hearing strange foreign voices on a radio etc...

the 11 year cycle of sunspots is well known for this :)

well that would depend entirely upon the area and the repeater stations around you.

at those frequencies, moving just a couple of inches either direction can make a whole lot of difference (as you probably already experience).

the same applies to TV antennas, a few fractions of an inch eitherway can make a clear OR a Ghosted picture.

anyway, I hope we`ve managed to answer your question satisfactorily :)

1. Scottish ghosts:.

Must be the clan McGhoul of killikrankie. Didn't know they had infested Kilbarchan too. He was beheaded for tart'n aboot, ye ken.

Just in case we were supposed to be talking about spooky ghosts, and will soon be telling ghost stories, here goes:

Wife was woken in her hotel room by three children playing dabs (knuckles). They were quiet, did not disturb her, she went back to sleep. At breakfast she mentioned it to a companion. A waiter overheard. "What were they wearing? long white nightshirts". Oh, that's a new one, can we put it in our booK?" Apparently the hotel was well-known for visitations, but they did not publicise it. My wife was not purturbed, just said that it was strange how the children had entered and left a locked room.

Wife often polished the knick-nacks in church. Often there was an old lady kneeling in the front pews who never spoke. Wife mentioned it to someone else:"oh, you've seen her too. Dressed in grey?". "She just appears and disappears, we don't bother her and she doesn't bother us".

There you are, not all ghosts are nasty.