Pseudo Red Shift

sunspot

I would like to show how it is possbile to create a red shift without requiring relativistic speeds. If we took a balloon of nitrogen gas into space, that is heat to give off a certain IR signiture, and then popped the balloon, the expansion into space will be endothermic, due to the entropy expansion, and the IR wavelength signature would expand to reflect the lowering in temperature. Even nitrogen gas heading toward us would appear pseduo-red shifted.

If we use superheated water vapor instead and popped the balloon, the expansion will also show a pseudo-red shift. If there was enough water, the hydrogen bonding would cause a smaller scale enthalpy contraction into liquid water, then ice, superimposed onto the extropy expansion. This would cause a few plateaus that would alter the temperature or IR profile of the pseudo-red shift.

The red shift is not due to expanding gases but is measured via electron emission changes of particular atoms. So, if we take a ball of plasma or highly ionized atoms, analogous to what we use to measure the red shift, and cause these to expand, they would also cool and drop energy level. If molecules or even ionic crystals are forming from the ionized atoms it could create steady plateaus and give us intermediate energy levels. The surface of the star could therorectially radiate steady, but a plasma buff would appear to be red shifted as it expands into space and cools.

The only way relativistic red shift would be different from expansion type pseudo-red shift is if every single energy emmision within the entire EM spectrum from any source, all red shifted together.

I personally believe in the red shift and the relativistic expansion of the universe. I know from personal experience ideas require proof. I don't have the means to generate data to prove many of my ideas, so by default I am screwed unless logic is sufficient proof. However, physics does not have this practical excuse. Unless all the wavelengths in the EM spectrum are demonstrated to red shift at the same rate, the jury should still be out. With a little imagination one can come up with alternate scenarios to explain a narrow band of the EM spectrum. This challenge is good, because it creates a logical need for further exploration.

I am not up on all the latest data because I spread myself out too thin. But is there other wavelength red shift data that matches the wavelength range used to measure the red shift? Personally, it would bite to spend a lot of time theorizing around an expansion or a particular expansion rate if it turns out that other wavelengths come up with different numbers. For example, do two pulsars at different distances from us show an X-ray red shift in proportion to the regular red shift?

I personally believe in the red shift and the relativistic expansion of the universe. I know from personal experience ideas require proof. I don't have the means to generate data to prove many of my ideas, so by default I am screwed unless logic is sufficient proof. However, physics does not have this practical excuse. Unless all the wavelengths in the EM spectrum are demonstrated to red shift at the same rate, the jury should still be out. With a little imagination one can come up with alternate scenarios to explain a narrow band of the EM spectrum. This challenge is good, because it creates a logical need for further exploration.

You may not have the means to generate your own data, but you don't appear to even be trying to analyze anyone else's data to see if your ideas have merit. Many scientists have measured spectroscopic redshifts. Is there an inconsitency with the various wavelengths involved? How about demostrating that there is a problem before you honor us with a solution.

You are correct in that I did not analyse data, but I would not know where to begin. Data generated for other purposes are often not considered valid proof for new purposes. Just if one Googles red shift, it always appears to only discuss only one aspect of the ER spectrum. I have yet to read basic literature that discusses the red shift consistency across the board. I just assumed that nobody bothered to look any further. I also realize it is hard to find good standards beyond chemical emissions.

You are correct in that I did not analyse data, but I would not know where to begin. Data generated for other purposes are often not considered valid proof for new purposes. Just if one Googles red shift, it always appears to only discuss only one aspect of the ER spectrum. I have yet to read basic literature that discusses the red shift consistency across the board. I just assumed that nobody bothered to look any further. I also realize it is hard to find good standards beyond chemical emissions.

And yet you assume that the current science is flawed and you feel compelled to come up with an alternate explanation that has a little basis in reality, and post it in a science section.

You really, really need to learn to start your threads in the speculations section.