More Black Holes

Waldo

the entire universe couldn't be swallowed by a black hole, because what would the black hole exist in? If you mean what would happen if all the matter in the universe was sucked into a black hole would it still evacuate? Then yes it would...

I'm sorry' date=' yes i meant all of the contents of the universe.

Would it be possible that all of the energy of the universe was sucked in to the black hole? If so could it again evaporate?[/quote']

Yes, that is one of the preposed endings for a universe without a big crunch, stage 4. Stage 5 being the total uniform distribution of the photons produced from the evaporation.

So the answer is yes :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

There is a process known as Hawking Radiation whereby all black holes evaporate. It is named after Stephen Hawking who proved it could exist (theoretically).

So in this case, and any case, the black hole would evaporate.

There is a process known as Hawking Radiation whereby all black holes evaporate. It is named after Stephen Hawking who proved it could exist (theoretically).

So in this case' date=' and any case, the black hole would evaporate.[/quote']

Either way a pretty grim ending for the universe.

Either we get crushed into a singularity or we go on expanding for eer untill all the universe is filled with radiation... great choices ;)

It should be noted that the latter, if true, would probably last MUCH MUCH longer then the big crunch idea.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

From what i understand black holes evaporate due to vacuum fluctuations. Could these fluctuations happen if the entire energy of the universe were in the black hole, iguess is the real question. Thanx

From what i understand black holes evaporate due to vacuum fluctuations. Could these fluctuations happen if the entire energy of the universe were in the black hole, iguess is the real question. Thanx

Yes there is no such thing as empty space, everything has something in it - vaccum fluctuations for example. Quatum fluctuations always occur as is my understanding.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Your answer makes al ot of sense but i am still confused. I guess the question i could ask would be if there was no energy in the universe would the universe exist? I guess it wouldnt but what do you think.

Thanx for you response though

Your answer makes al ot of sense but i am still confused. I guess the question i could ask would be if there was no energy in the universe would the universe exist? I guess it wouldnt but what do you think.

Thanx for you response though

Well yes - the universe can't ever be empty, there are always things in it to prevent it being so. There are vaccum fluctiation, virtual particles created and detroyed etc.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to sound like a hippie. But imo, the universe is only energy. Anything that is, is energy. So how sure are you that there would be a universe without energy. Would there be any existance as we know it. I guess it could go either way, but I'm the type of guy that can't accept one theoretical answer.