"Planet Earth" - wildlife prog on BBC

prion

For all of you unfortunate wildlife lovers without access to the BBC (UK TV), you might like to know that they are currently showing an absolutely breathtaking wildlife series called "Planet Earth". I've just discovered that they have put all the best clips on their website on a Planet Earth Explorer page. Have a look and especially check out the great white shark attack off the coast of South Africa - stunning.

Too bad Discovery gave up science. Nothing to do on TV anymore. Has BBC gone the way of Discovery? Sounds like it still has some science/nature shows.

Watch National Geographic, they have a lot of science.

I don't think I get National Geographic or Discovery Science. We get basic cable which is like 2-99 but missing many channels.

I have basic cable, but I still get National Geographic. If you have a TV guide, be sure to look at it. Also, I thought my TV was missing some channels, but if you go through every channel by pressing the buttons like 6 then 1 for 61 (not the up/down ones) you may find some hidden channels. :)

Thats' such a shame you can't see the website! They say it's "because the member organisations who supply the content are funded with public money to serve the UK population". Maybe they'll let you read the press pack.

There was some amazing footage of snow leopards, apparently the first decent footage of them in the wild - then they described how it had taken them 3 years to get a few minutes of pictures. They also had a wild giant panda and her newborn cub in a cave. It was all filmed in 'high definition'. The best I could do is this picture of a great white hunting, from BBC Brasil.

186236.jpg.