timewave theory?

krstlmthd

terrence mckenna derived the FRACTAL TIMEWAVE out of the KING WEN sequence of the I CHING.

i have looked at his math and it is very complicated and i do not understand, plus I know nothing about FRACTALS except that they relate to the structure of CRYSTALS.

it is my theory that the universe is really just one big giant CRYSTAL and i think terrence mckenna went a long way to prove that with the timewave.

he says that history is feeding back on itself and that time resonates over and over again and that these resonances are increasing and will reach infinity in THE YEAR 2012 WHICH IS THE END OF TIME.

he does not explain what happens in 2012 but says that man will produce the TRANCENDENTAL OBJECT OF THE UNIVERSE as we get closer and closer to the GREAT TELOLOGICAL ATTRACTOR.

can anyone look into the math behind TIMEWAVE ZERO and explain it to me?

Here's the math behind Timewave Zero for anyone interested:

http://www.hermetic.ch/misc/math_twz.htm

It's already been examined extensively (and discredited) by mathematicians. You may want to see:

Autopsy for a Mathematical Hallucination?

Ultimately it's a numerological theory, and not a fractal at all but a piecewise linear function.

I think many of Terrence McKenna's philosophical ideas, even the ones behind Timewave Zero, had a great deal of truth to them, but from a mathematical perspective Timewave Zero is numerological bunk.

If you're still interested in the underlying points about accelerating change that McKenna was trying to make, you may want to see:

Kurzweil's Law of Accelerating Returns

okay so i read the mathmatic objections to TIMEWAVE THEORY and i didn't get it. it sounds like that guy didn't like it because he didn't UNDERSTAND it.

i ching is not numerology it has been used successfully for centuries to predict the future

you people just aren't open minded enough

okay so i read the mathmatic objections to TIMEWAVE THEORY and i didn't get it. it sounds like that guy didn't like it because he didn't UNDERSTAND it.

i ching is not numerology it has been used successfully for centuries to predict the future

a) you said you didn't understand it either,

b) prove it,

c) no, we just like proof for everything we get.

"open a few windows to let in light and air, but leave the front door wide open and all your stuff will be stolen" open mindedness is the same concept. It's okay to let a little imagination filter through the windows, but evidence is the key to the front door, but be sure to close it up before just any hobo walks in ;)

so you didn't understand what you read but you felt safe to dismiss it? on what grounds?

pray do show us some evidence of a prior prediction of an event. actually don't. at least don't bother in a maths forum. put it where someone might care.