How I Purify?

KFC

:confused: A Have Some Plant Food And I Want To Purify It.

I Want Potassium Nitrate and Ammonium Nitrate.

The Plant Food Parts Are:

Total Nitrogen (N).................18%

1.4% Ammonium Nitrogen

2.6% Nitrate Nitrogen

14% Urea Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P2O2)....18%

Solube Potash (KO2)..............21%

Magnesium (Mg) (Total)

.50% Water Solube Magnesium (Mg)

Copper (Cu).........................0.05%

.05% Water Solube Copper (Cu)

Iron (Fe)..............................0.10%

.10% Chelated Iron (Fe)

Manganese (Mn)....................0.05%

.05% Chelated Manganese (Mn)

Zinc (Zn)

.05% Water Solube Zinc (Zn)

Derived From Ammonium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate,

Urea, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate,

Copper Sulfate, Iron EDTA, Manganese EDTA,

and Zinc Sulfate

Forget about it. Too much impurities. It will be a real pain to extract the ingredients at reasonable purity. If you want pure ammonium nitrate, you'd better buy some fertilizer, based on this compound (together with some chalk) and then dissolve this and let all insoluble matter settle and evaporate the clear liquid to dryness above a warm heater at 60C or so.

Then How Can I Get Ammonium Sulfate and Can I do Thing Pyroish With It

Pyro-things you cannot do with ammonium sulfate. That requires ammonium nitrate, but ammonium nitrate also is not that suitable. It is very hygroscopic. If you really want to do pyro-things, then start with potassium nitrate. This can be purchased as fertilizer (potassium saltpeter, a.k.a. kali salpeter in non-english speaking countries). This fertilizer contains up to 94% of KNO3 and for first basic experiments this is good enough. Wait until spring, in winter time it may be hard to obtain this material and some persons may think it is suspicious if someone buys this stuff in winter time.

• 2 weeks later...

i think your better of reading a book or something. also it would be good if u made a habit to edit ur post to add something new that pops up in ur head right after u post something.

Ammonium Nitrate is extremly hygroscopic, i left some out for 2 hours and i came back and it was liquid... also if u were to purify it and then evaporate the filtrate it its good to do it at <100*c heat. i once did it higher and the ammonium nitrate ended up melting with the water or something and it turned in to something brown very much same characteristic as candle wax

• 3 weeks later...