Global warming-I know the answer

Geog3

SkepticLance

im well aware that gobal worming is a natral phenominon that repeats its self.

I was simply suggesting that the atlantiens or ancient egyptions could have accelorated Global worming like what todays humans are doing.

humans have existed long enough for them to have discovered the some of the pulluting technology that we have today. or possibly some other technology that adversly effected weather.

Reyam.

Your Atlantis idea cannot be correct' date=' since there have been glacial periods interspersed by interglacial warmings going back the best part of a million years - to well before humans existed. When there were no humans around, they could not have been responsible for global warming.[/quote']

His Alantis idea is plausable, jsut unlikely. The only problem I have with it is there's no evidence for it.

He was simply saying that the Atlantians could have accelerated global warming like us humans are doing today. All of us know that it's a natural cycle.We are saying that humans are accelerating it, not causing it.

I seriously don't believe that global warming will cause the extinction of humans. Look at the worse case scenario. The polar caps melt, the oceans rise and the weather gets severe. I would be a little concerned about buying seaside property and/or living in hurricane or tornado alleys. But there will still be plenty of places where the conditions will get better for human occupation. For example, the tundra of Canada may become the new food belt. It would require a global shift in the population centers for the new world.

History repeats itself, but it never repeats itself exactly.

Two things which are the same, like years, or ice ages, are not the same.

In the face of uncertainty we should err on the side of caution. Aristotle also teaches us we should lean away from our natural dendencies. He offered a third bit of advice in such matters, but I cannot recall what it was. I have never understood skepticism to be an argument for recklessness.