Lasers.... A must have for the physics minded

ScienceFreak

*Bump*

I just bought a pair of 532nm 50mw green lasers unmodified :)

they`re DPSSFD types, so I`ll keep one as it is and plan on taking the crystals and filter out the other to leave a 808nm 350mw IR laser pump diode.

doesn`t anyone know if this can be colminated directly?

808 nm? That can't be right if its converting to 532 nm...

Anyways...yes, you can buy crude single lens diode collimators. If you want a circular beam, you'll need a special cylindrical lens after the collimator.

:)

it gets better than that, from the 808, it`s then made to 1600 something and Then into the 532 :)

Are you serious? That sounds a bit too elaborate to be useful...Do people still do this?

Might as well get an InGaAs diode at ~1000nm and convert that to ~500nm.

:)

it gets better than that, from the 808, it`s then made to 1600 something and Then into the 532 :)

I thought the 808 pumped a Nd:something to create 1064, and then you get the FD with a crystal (KTP or KDP, don't recall which)

I know they make the collimation lenses, but not where they sell them separately.

I thought the 808 pumped a Nd:something to create 1064, and then you get the FD with a crystal (KTP or KDP, don't recall which)

I know they make the collimation lenses, but not where they sell them separately.

Ya, that sounds more likely. Though I didn't know Nd had a pump transition at 808 nm...

my mistake it was 1064 not 1600 (I knew it had 1, 6 and 0 something), anyway yeah, it`s pumped from 808 down and them up with the KTP.

although the 2 crystals are on top of each other like one unit (glued).

followed by the colminating lens and green IR filter setup.