Best Books for the Proof of Evolution

I'm currently doing some research and would like to know the most influential books out there, the more recent the better. Hopefully, nothing older than 15 years old (if not oh well).

What are the best books for the proof of Evolution and/or debunk Creationism?

The Bible (any version) does a pretty good job at debunking the christian perspective of Creationism, but only when put up against reality.

I know you asked for new stuff, but because you are where you're at I'd get down the basic concepts and then start out with the early stuff. Darwin's On The Origin of Species I think is a great book and provides insight not only on natural selection but where Darwin was and how aware he was of it.

Good luck.

The Selfish Gene by Dawkins is also great, but probably too old.

The Beak of the Finch : A Story of Evolution in Our Time. Weiner (1994) is good too, but may be too old.

The problem is that influential books are going to be older. If you want new information (that's not necessarily old enough to be influential) you could also look at books that specifically tackle interesting questions within evolutionary biology. For example, sex is always interesting:

e.g. Sperm Competition and Sexual Selection. Birkhead and Møller (1998)

Sexual Conflict. Arnqvist and Rowe (2005)

I'm currently doing some research and would like to know the most influential books out there, the more recent the better. Hopefully, nothing older than 15 years old (if not oh well). What are the best books for the proof of Evolution and/or debunk Creationism?

Futuyma's book on evolution includes a rebuttal creationism, proofs of evolution and, more importantly, it contains a good explanation of the science of evolution, which is the best tool against creationism.

Futuyma, D.J. 1997. Evolutionary Biology. 763 pages.

Futuyma, D.J. 2005. Evolution. 543 pages.

The Blind Watchmaker

It doesn't debunk creationism and it's bad science.

The Bible (any version) does a pretty good job at debunking the christian perspective of Creationism' date=' but only when put up against reality.

I know you asked for new stuff, but because you are where you're at I'd get down the basic concepts and then start out with the early stuff. Darwin's On The Origin of Species I think is a great book and provides insight not only on natural selection but where Darwin was and how aware he was of it.

Good luck.[/quote']

The Bible, I don't see that one at all. Some of the books on Evolution I've seen WASTE time writing poetry instead of just getting to the point of HOW, WHEN, WHY, etc.