Traveling speed of light query...

khuti

hi, forgive me if this is in the rong area, i wasnt sure what it would come under...

anywho heres something on my mind...

if we were to travel at the speed of light what would we see?..

would everything look/appear to be still and not moving?..

though ive heard some things about traveling faster than speed of light.. so to me that would suggest some things would still be moving.

im just curius.. if some1 knows science well enough to explain to me what will happend please fill me in :)

But you can travel at very very close to the speed of light. And the weird thing is, physics wouldn't look any different. The laws of physics don't change with speed, so they are the same as before.

Of course, if something is moving at very high speed relative to you, you will see the effects of length contraction and time dilation. Time will seem to pass more slowly in the system which moves very quickly with respect to you, and distances (in the direction of the relative velocity) will appear much less. So a person, waving while coming towards you at near light speed, will appear to be as flat as a pancake, and will wave agonizingly slowly.

In the limit that the relative speed approaches c, he will become completely flat and his wave will become so slow it appears to stop.