X-Com UFO Defense

matter

I dont know if I should post this in here but I wanted to make a thread to see if anyone still likes this game. I've been trying to beat it for so long that once I finally beat it it's going to suck. It's pretty fun right? Even if it is pretty old. Am I the only one that thinks they should make a new one with all the same mechanics, just better graphics?

You control a military type program called X-Com to defend the earth against a rising alien threat. You set up bases on the planet, then you shoot down the UFOs. After that you land at the site and you control a squad of soldiers to kill the aliens on the ground. You get to research alien technology, and use it. It's pretty intricate. Eventually you like travel to Mars and kill the aliens there, but I've never gotten that far.

matter said in post #7 :

I never got a chance to play apocalypse, I want to though. I"ve been playing X-Com on and off for about 5 years and I still havent beat it.

The strategy guide helps alot. I'm sure you can pick it up for a few bucks. Anyway, the last two levels are the best! The first is mars, which is tought because they psi attack you like crazy and the second is the alien homebase. You gotta beat it!! :)

oh sweet. I didn't know I had to go to the alien homebase. I knew that they psi attacked on mars, cause I went there for like a few turns just to see what it was like, then I loaded my game again. the reason that i've been playing it on and off for 5 years is that I had the playstation version with my games on a memory card. i would play for a while, then I would get frustrated and quit for a while. Soon after I would start playing. Recently I downloaded it and I have been playing it on my computer, which is a whole new game. I finally think I'm on my way because I'm currently training soldiers in psionics, and already researched "cydonia or bust." I always get worried that countries are gonna start hating me though, and then my game would be ruined.