Energy conversion

NMajik

Can anybody give me other examples of devices in which a given type of energy goes in (Type A) and a different comes out (Type B) but when Type B is put in Type A comes out? The only examples I can thing of are an electric motor/generator and a piezoelectric crystal.

Thanks!

how about a wind or water mill, solar pannels, radio transmitters, light bulbs... C`mon, this is like shooting ducks in a barrel! think about it :)

So if I shine a bright light at a light bulb I will get a current out of the terminals? I'm fairly sure if I ran a current through a solar panel I wouldn't get light and heat to come out of it. I think one of us is misunderstanding the other or I'm just an idiot (Which is very possible).

No, your question is not idiot, but perhaps lacks the words "fully reversible"

There is no such thing; there is always losses, its one of the laws of physics, you just need to read more about the basics; and in the future when you re-visit this same post, will understand the responses.

No, you cannot inject heat, carbon monoxide and smog into an automobile exhaust pipe to make the engine turn and expel clean air and fill the gasoline tank while getting a ride.:)

Even with piezoelectric or motor/generator, cannot recover the same amount of electrical energy by reversing the action.

Miguel

You can reverse chemical reactions, although if energy was released from the initial reaction it means you would have to put in energy to make it go in reverse (and in many reactions it would very difficult to get all the initial reactants).