Cold Fusion Research Continues - Confirmed?

RyanJ

Cold fusion research has continued, and actually gotten some credibility. The original claimed results were never duplicated, but there are extra neutrons in these experiments that cannot be accounted for without some sort of nuclear process taking place.

So who knows.

']Cold fusion research has continued' date=' and actually gotten some credibility. The original claimed results were never duplicated, but there are extra neutrons in these experiments that cannot be accounted for without some sort of nuclear process taking place.

So who knows.[/quote']

Really? Never knew that... wish Horizon would hurry up and make a new documentary about it :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

wasn`t there also some Indian guy that worked with sonic cavitation in deuterated acetone, that claimed to have had positive results also?

it actualy got published in a well known Science magazine only to be bedunked shortly after, turns out that the neutrons emited came from his own neutron gun and the burst of Light didn`t synch with the emissions either, although he`s Still (for some reason) convinced it`s genuine even though there`s been attempts to replicate this to no avail.

hey ppl.

Had my last mock exams so been "isolated" for a while! I just had to work... But good to be back.

I just wanted to give my input regarding cold fusion.

I remember reading about the use of pyroelectric crystals for fusion. I'm not sure if i got it right myself and someone pls. set me right if i am not!

I think they put this crystal in a hydrogen atmosphere. Then they heated one side and i think the charges in the crystal seperate to alternate sides. Then something was done to induce a spark and fusion occured. Can soebody also explain what that something was? :embarass:

Heat and sparks, hence, no *cold* fusion.

Depends. For fusion reactions to occur on earth one generally needs temperatures of hundreds of millions K. If you could get fusion going at a few hundred or a few thousand, thats still pretty damn cold by comparison.