about aerospace engineering

Guest Castor

I'm considering doing aerospace engineering in the university

But my parents want me to do the actual study.

I want to know what it will be like if I do the aerospace engineering.

Is that a good career?

:confused:

Castor said in post #1 :

Is that a good career?

What do you mean "actual study" as opposed to doing it in the university?

Castor said in post #1 :

Is that a good career?

Aerospace Engineering is a very nice program indeed. Very much suited for your airplane fanatics. :P

However, as reality shows, aerospace is a very limited field. My friend loves airplanes, and he's in Aerospace Eng. @ my U, but he's now considering switching into Mechanical Engineering b/c of the job market.

• 3 months later...

Aeronautical Engineering is a branch of engineering concerned with design, development, manufacture, operation and maintenance of air vehicles such as aircraft, helicopters and missiles.

Aerospace engineering can be defined as the design and manufacture of very high technology systems, and the knowledge and expertise involved in developing such systems is generally applicable to other high technology industries.

http://www.ea.qub.ac.uk/prospect/aeronautical.php

In a nutshell, Aeronautical is really into planes and stuff associated with planes. Aerospace is a bit more broader than just planes.

• 9 years later...

What's the difference between aeroSPACE engineering and aeroNAUTICAL engineering?

I always wanted to be the latter, what's the first?

ans:

Aero Space Engineering (Rocket Scientist / Engineer ) ...... Flight regime in Space and little thru the Atmosphere.

Aerounitical Engineering (Aircraft Engineering) ..... Flight regime in the Atmosphere only.

Aerospace Engineering is a very nice program indeed. Very much suited for your airplane fanatics. tongue.png

However, as reality shows, aerospace is a very limited field. My friend loves airplanes, and he's in Aerospace Eng. @ my U, but he's now considering switching into Mechanical Engineering b/c of the job market.

Good planning. ......... I have both Aeros and Civil Engineering because of the instabilities in Aero industries.

Edited by zorro

Aerospace is a vast field which c

Is that a good career?
confused.gif

Aerospace is vast field which can be subdivided as aeronautical engineering and astronautical, with former dealing with aircraft opearating on earth's atmosphere while the later deals with those outside our atmosphere.

I've finished my degree in aeronautical engineering and its quite hard since it covers large are such as aircraft structures, propulsions, aerodynamics, materials and specially math which is quite annoying considering other couses focuses on just one side. I really wanted to get a course on astronautical but sadly no one offers that in my country so I'm planning to take post graduate degree on space propulsions.

In our country aerospace works on airlines as head of operations on aicraft maintenance and they get free trips abroad a week with their family, and is currently on demand due to our dwindling population. Almost all of them already got a round trip across the world.

If you wnat free world trip get aeronautical engineering and go to a airline or maybe manufacturing but if you want challenge take astronautical.

Edited by gabrelov