What if there was no RyanJ?

cosine

I have to say that lately on reflection I've really enjoyed some of RyanJ's creative thread ideas. A what if thread, a best quotes thread, a four 4's ongoing challenge, check it out http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/search.php?searchid=108945

Its nice to see amazingly long threads that are actually enjoyable to read though, and aren't just long arguements.

So this is the RyanJ tribute thread.

So this thread has a point, what are the common characteristics of interesting threads, and how can we abtract those concepts and apply them to create new interesting threads? (Or just pitch some interesting thread ideas you've been aching to throw.)

RyanJ is indeed a great contributer. If this were wikipedia then I'd give him a barnstar. In fact, what the hell, here is the [math]e=mc^2[/math] barnstar, awarded to RyanJ for his contributions to science and maths.

Barnstar-atom3.png

I think the secret behind RyanJs threads is not asking closed questions but thinking of a way that an idea can last out indefineately.

RyanJ is indeed a great contributer. If this were wikipedia then I'd give him a barnstar. In fact' date=' what the hell, here is the [math']e=mc^2[/math] barnstar, awarded to RyanJ for his contributions to science and maths.

Barnstar-atom3.png

I think the secret behind RyanJs threads is not asking closed questions but thinking of a way that an idea can last out indefineately.

Oh yeah... thats true. Upon reflection, at least the "What If" and "Four 4s challenge" thread encourage one post to base itself on the one before it. Thus leading to an infinite thread by induction! :)